Page 2 of 210 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Do your Gen 3 Glocks work?
    Yes they do. So far. I have read some get the problems at round counts of upwards of 2500+ rounds. So far mine have done great.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Glock 19 (gen 3, but mid-2011 test fire date) has fed 100% reliably so far. Zero issues. However, my face gets bombarded with brass casings to the tune of around 1 out of ever 5 ejections. They are ejecting with PLENTY of force (my forehead can attest to that), but occasionally doing so straight back.

I'm awaiting the LWD extractor, but it's on backorder still.

Feedback Score

10rd mags causing FTEs

my glock 34 gen3 is brand new. i took it out yesterday for the first time using the Cal legal 10rd mags it came with, I had several fail to ejects (type 3).
    for comparison, i used some older 17rd mags and the pistol functioned without fail.
    the 10rd mags are single stack. would that have anything to do with it?
    Last edited by baddoggy; 11-06-11 at 14:04.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My Gen3 Glocks have been 100% perfect as have my Hk USP and P30. Would not trade the Gen3 for any other personal defense gun which is why I have not "upgraded" to the Gen4's. Maybe if Glock came out with a 120% reliable generation gun I would consider an upgrade - but until then I will stick with my Gen3's for sure!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    My Gen3 Glocks have been 100% perfect as have my Hk USP and P30. Would not trade the Gen3 for any other personal defense gun which is why I have not "upgraded" to the Gen4's. Maybe if Glock came out with a 120% reliable generation gun I would consider an upgrade - but until then I will stick with my Gen3's for sure!
    Exactly why I picked up the gen 3 instead of gen 4. The "upgrades" are minor at best, downgrades at worst.

Feedback Score
    Here are two videos I just happened to shoot showing erratic ejection and both videos include a stovepipe. Each happened within 50 rounds of each other.

Late 2010 Gen3 19. Gun's run flawless for about 4K rounds. The descriptions in the videos have some more information. To summarize, this is my daughter and the stovepipes only happened with her shooting. I just got pinged in the forehead a bunch.

"Limp wristing"? You decide.

http://youtu.be/RtVcaR5v4QY
    http://youtu.be/O8WIqW-GRms

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PieceKeeper View Post
    Here are two videos I just happened to shoot showing erratic ejection and both videos include a stovepipe. Each happened within 50 rounds of each other.

Late 2010 Gen3 19. Gun's run flawless for about 4K rounds. The descriptions in the videos have some more information. To summarize, this is my daughter and the stovepipes only happened with her shooting. I just got pinged in the forehead a bunch.

"Limp wristing"? You decide.

http://youtu.be/RtVcaR5v4QY
    http://youtu.be/O8WIqW-GRms
    I really need to shoot my 2010 gen 3 more. Is the extractor the only change in the late model gen 3 glocks? If that is the problem I wish Glock would have kept the same type of extractor and charged more for the pistol. I am sure people would have paid extra.

Feedback Score
    This subject has been covered on a couple of threads on this forum.

All I can say for the short version is that my Gen 3 Glock with the "concave top" extractor would launch the empties right in my face. Since switching to the Lone Wolf extractor, extraction and ejection are way to the right and away from me.

Nuff said as far as which extractor is better in my book.

Feedback Score
    Can anyone tell me what the dip in the extractor is for? I mean obviously Glock did i for a reason. Did it reduce a critical stress point, was it meant to aid in extraction and just came up short? Any ideas?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have late model G19 & G17 RTF2's and they are both ejecting brass in a normal fashion, away from my body. They are bone stock and both have the dip extractor. 1,179 rds thru the 19 and 266 rds thru the 17. Mostly WWB 115 gr fmj's, with some Win T 124gr +p and Fed HST 147gr +p. No malfunctions of any kind, even while double tapping thru a happy stick and one handed shooting, weak & strong side.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 11-09-11 at 14:28.

Page 2 of 210 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast