Thread: New M&P(209301) vs apex parts

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)

New M&P(209301) vs apex parts

I just ordered an M&P 9mm(209301) which is S&W's newest version with updated parts and I am wondering how good their updated parts are when compared to the Apex parts. I have no experience with Apex parts and the only M&P I have fired was a full size 9mm which was the model predating this one which had the false trigger reset that I did not like. This is for carry and I like having a trigger reset you can hear and feel. How much better are the new models?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I had a newer m&p9c. Trigger was better than the older models. Sights a slight step for racking one handed. But the apex stuff is still wayyy better. Imho. Reset is better and break is crisper.

Feedback Score
    I have new production m&p 9 and my m&p45 and older m&p 9 with full apex parts are still better.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The new stuff is pretty decent. Apex stuff still takes it leaps and bounds higher though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    If anything, Grant has highly recommended adding the APEX Ultimate Striker Block and spring, calling it good. The APEX USB gets rid of most of the breaking chicken bone sound when you pull the trigger. My Sept 13 M&P9 FS has the APEX DCAEK, factory S&W trigger. 4 lb 8 oz trigger pull consistent. Mine is the LE 309301, same with 1 extra magazine.
    Trijicon HD Orange

Last edited by RWH24; 05-10-15 at 18:08.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just picked up a new Vtac in 9mm, 2/15 production date. I think the trigger is really good, much improved over my wife's 3 year old M&P 9. I don't plan on messing with anything on the Vtac, it's doing great! Wifes on the other hand could use the updated barrel and maybe some apex goodies.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The triggers are indeed better but one thing that i dont like about the new M&P parts is the fact that a 5 lb trigger with the revised sear results in a really, really, REALLY jarring break.

Ive never been a fan of icicle styled trigger breaks at heavy poundage. A light, crisp trigger that snaps is completely different than a heavy one.

For that reason alone, i much prefer to install the Apex sear along with the USB and roll with a four pound trigger pull. IF you have to go heavier, adding poundage to the spring portion of the trigger pull results in a MUCH easier to shoot trigger than having most of the weight on the sear break itself.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...