Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Proud owner of Gen 3 17,19,26 and a 21sf.

I couldn't help but stumble upon an issue today while reading some threads online. Perhaps I have been under a rock, because I had not heard of this internet "glock extractor mania" until today.

The opinions and expertise found on the resource of M4carbine.net is where I believe the rumors can be boiled away and the facts brought out.

The issue is that supposedly many 2010-2011 glocks, including Gen 3's were issued or shipped with extractors that are different from Gen 3's from 2009 and earlier.

see photos on this thread, page (4) especially:
    http://www.firearmstrainingandtactic...?t=1546&page=4

My questions are:

What is the story really? Is this internet pajama ninja dilirium?

Did glock change the extractors?

What is the Gen 4 concave topped extractor pictured on the above thread? Page (4)

Could this all be poor pistol marksmanship and limp wristing with blaming the gun?

Anyway, I hope we can get some relevent answers, rational discussion and hard evidence (pictures are nice).

I own glocks, shoot glocks and also own and shoot 1911s. THIS IS NOT A GUN BASHING THREAD.

Please refrain from turning this into an ego fest. Facts only and 1st person experiences. Thank you and lets get to the bottom of this.

Added on 2/14/2012:

As the creator of this thread I ask at this point that any and all threads about YOUR gun include the following information:

- First 3 letters of serial # and or test fire date from factory.
    - Generation of Glock (3 or 4)
    - Number of rounds TOTAL fired through pistol
    - Any changes made to pistol by you or armorer or Glock (parts etc.)
    - Issues you are having.
    - Ammo used during issues (manufacturer, weight etc.)
    Last edited by TacMedic556; 02-14-12 at 20:17. Reason: page number insertion. addition.