Page 100 of 210 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    I finally got my G19 back from Glock. What ever the issue was they fixed it. Not one piece of brass anywhere near my head out the 300 rounds I shot up yesterday. I will post a pic of the new extractor when I get home from drill this evening.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    It's a 3, and nope it has the good ol 336

Hey Munch, glad you're enjoying the new G19! ;-)

Glock was actually very tight lipped about what they did to repair the gun when I drove up to Smyrna. While I suspect it was solely an extractor issue, they replaced the rsa, plunger assembly and the extractor. The first tech spoke to immediately pointed to the dip extractor as the culprit. A different tech actually worked on the gun and would only tell me what they replaced, while being very careful not to place blame on any particular part. When I asked them about replacing the ejector with a 30274, they refused and said it was a Gen 4 only part. Sorry guys, but that's all I know, aside from the fact that the gun ran great after having the extractor replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Interesting. When I get my extractors in I'll see if they improve extraction first. Then I may put the old ejectors in and see if there is still any difference. It would make me very happy to just have a new extractor and have all the rest of the stock parts back. On the late Gen3s that I have the 39274 stopped rear ejection, but I also think makes the round eject higher, maybe weakening the arc to the right.

I do wonder if the other parts were needed or just replaced because it's SOP.

I'm rooting for Randy and his parts, I just feel like my guns should run fine with OEM parts. Lucky for me I still have had no failures, just trying to get that old time Glock extraction which adds to reliability.

I recently got a Shield for my daughter, liked it so much I got one as a BUG. Funny how S&W gets an inexpensive small semi-auto to eject perfectly out of the box with any ammo. And I'm digging the tactile/audible reset!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc3 View Post
    The stock number is 100-002-712WB, and the description of the item is "Extractor w/Loaded Chamber, New Style". Just got it a day or so ago so I have not shot it yet
    Thanks. Let us know how it works out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    RXX--- series Gen 4 G19. Sent it into Glock few months back and had the 336 ejector "updated" to the 30274 ejector. Prior to "update", approximately half of all fired rounds (115, 124 gr and reloads of each) all caused brass to eject/extract into forehead of shooter. After receiving pistol no problems experienced in 50 rounds of a quick test (it's hotter than balls out). This week I've put another 50 through while working up a 9mm Luger load using 4.6 gr W231 and a Berry's 115 gr. Load functions fine in other pistols (M&P, USP). Whereas the brass to the face is back in force in at least a quarter of all shots fired. Has "dip" extractor and 0-4-3 RSA.

I'm serious about selling this problematic hunk o' junk and buying something to replace it for carry purposes. I shouldn't have to pay extra for aftermarket parts and spend hours of time working up a tuned load just to let the gun know a human being shoots it and doesn't like being smacked in the face with expelled brass. Now if Glock would acknowledge that late 3rd Gen and 4th Gen pistols are piles of shit in relation to prior models and would just send me the correct parts with an apology for free....I'd contemplate keeping it. As for now this is ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Ran another 200 through my SVX prefix Gen3.

I swapped out the ejector for the 30274 ejector and ran a mag, (rather I had my girlfriend run them so I could watch the ejection), of each 115gr Brown Bear, 115gr Blazer Brass, and 124gr Winchester Q4318 NATO.

The Brown Bear and Blazer ejected 4:00 and was just clearing the brim of her ball hat.
    The Q4318 was ejecting them same, but clearing her head completely and landing 1 foot further out.
    No malfunctions.

I then installed a Lone Wolf LCI 9mm extractor.
    The Brown Bear and Blazer remained the same mostly.
    A couple hitting her brim and bouncing away.
    The Q4318, however, started ejecting weakly and erratically.
    A few dribbled out the left, but no malfunctions.

Later when I ran some drills, the Q4318 dribbled more out to the left, and I had one land squarely on my right elbow and sit there.

Needless to say, the factory extractor is going back in.
    The ejector may or may not work better than the 336.
    Time and more rounds down range will tell.
    Last edited by polymorpheous; 07-08-12 at 18:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How much must we all dick around with these pistols just to get them to function properly? Personally I don't see a reason to keep wasting ammo.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Hey Munch, glad you're enjoying the new G19! ;-)

Glock was actually very tight lipped about what they did to repair the gun when I drove up to Smyrna. While I suspect it was solely an extractor issue, they replaced the rsa, plunger assembly and the extractor. The first tech spoke to immediately pointed to the dip extractor as the culprit. A different tech actually worked on the gun and would only tell me what they replaced, while being very careful not to place blame on any particular part. When I asked them about replacing the ejector with a 30274, they refused and said it was a Gen 4 only part. Sorry guys, but that's all I know, aside from the fact that the gun ran great after having the extractor replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks again man! Nice of you to go through all that with Glock. I appreciate it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    How much must we all dick around with these pistols just to get them to function properly? Personally I don't see a reason to keep wasting ammo.
    Do you practice clearing malfunctions?
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Do you practice clearing malfunctions?
    I haven't had any non-user induced malfunctions in terms of FTF or FTF. Just consistent brass to my forehead and sometimes my glasses.

Page 100 of 210 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast