Page 101 of 210 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    How much must we all dick around with these pistols just to get them to function properly? Personally I don't see a reason to keep wasting ammo.
    Every round still has purpose behind it.
    I'm still working various drills.
    No waste of ammo here.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    My gen 4 STFXXX just had 6 stovepipes out of 200 rounds of Federal 115gr.

I have to say this issue is starting to get worse as the round count increases. I did clean the gun recently too and there was no build up of carbon or residue any where. The gun was lubricated recently too.

I went ahead and ordered what appears to be one of the new extractors from brownells. Hopefully this will work until the Apex extractor is released.

I should add that this pistol had about 3000 trouble free rounds and then started developing issues.
    Last edited by og556; 07-08-12 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shot Glock 19 above more this evening for my after dinner relaxation session. Fired 124 rnds of 115 gr Berry's plated over 4.6 gr W231 @ 1072 FPS. In the first mag I had two cases directly to the forehead. For the remainder while doing some 1-R-2 drills on steel at 30 yards (quite a challenge at that range) I had zero malfunctions, and only one erratic ejection in which the casing exited and fell between the pistol and my face rapidly spinning. I'm really not sure what's going on at this point. I really want to like this gun but once that shell hits me in the face I just get shaky and I have to cool down for a few minutes. Totally ruins the following shots for me.

I'll give Glock a call tomorrow and ask them to acknowledge the problem and hear out their suggested solutions. If they have to send a new non-dip extractor to an armorer that means a trip to Denny's (Snapshots) in KC.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Have many of you with newer Glock 17s noticed these ejection issues ?

I've been thinking of pickin one up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post

I have a tbp-xxx g17 test fired in mid may with one stovepipe and a couple of dozen cases to the face in about 250 rounds.
    "No whining, no excuses, and no casual fridays"

Feedback Score

I think all M prefix and above 9mm have the issue.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    That sucks. I really hope this new extractor or apex's new extractor fixes this issue. Other than extraction issues and a heavier trigger than 3rd gen guns these newer glocks are nice.

Feedback Score

9 Gen 4 9mm's and none of them have serious ejection issues - other than some are more consistent at 4:00 than others - same as past Glocks (see Randy Lee's disertation on M4C on that). edit: exception was early G4 G19 got less consistent at 5K mark and extractor upgrade smoothed it out.

RTF2 G17 GTG and a FDE Gen 3 G17 has the most erratic ejection while running malf free for 440 rds then I dropped in an old extractor to smooth it out.

One out of 10 recently produced 9mm's had an issue worth me fixing out of the box. One more showed signs at 5K rds.
    Last edited by JHC; 07-09-12 at 10:41.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    What bothers me is that the issue didn't present itself until after a few thousand rounds. If I know at 3k rounds I should replace the extractor then I would do so gladly if I knew it would fix the issue.

I called Glock today to ask them what they can do to help. The tech told me that they are referring customers to their local armorers to insta the dot connector and the updated ejector.

I told him my Glock 19 had both of those things and he said those are the only two parts they have updated to address issues with extraction.

Feedback Score
    My new extractor from midway just came in the mail. It is indeed a non dip extractor. I am going to hold off on installing it until I can get to the range in the next week or so (have to find a time my wife can some so I can observe the ejection pattern), and then we will see how it does with the brass to the face issue. I also have a class coming up at the start of August that I will run it through and report back.

Page 101 of 210 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast