Page 102 of 210 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Called Glock tech support. Stated last time the gun was in I put "brass to the face" on the problems list and asked if the 30274 ejector could be installed as they were reported to have been fixing the problems. Asked if there was a new extractor design for the 9mm Glocks and the rep stated they had not changed the extractor in four years. Rep stated I would need to send the gun in for them to look at it. I stated I do not want to send it out again for another several weeks on the chance that it could be fixed. I asked if brass to the face was a problem they were finding with the gen4 9mm glocks and the rep said that it wasn't and that it could be a problem with "ammunition type, shooter grip, gun internals...". A simple question of "well if I send this into you, what would you do to it as this is a common problem people send the guns in for?" and the rep stated they would have to look at it.

I informed the rep I would call them back if I decided to send the gun in again and that was that.

Frankly, it's insulting that Glock won't take an official stance to say that the Gen 4 9mm Glocks are not performing correctly. Even the brainwashed fanboys at Glocktalk now think brass smacking your face doesn't matter if the gun still shoots.

Just gonna sell this thing and move on and far away from all things Glock. "Perfection" my ass.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    This is really unfortunate.

I don't understand why they don't admit they have a problem.

I really hope this new non dip extractor helps at least till Apex releases their fix.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even if the "new extractor" works, I'll trust the Apex extractor a shit ton more and buy that one instead.
    Last edited by whiterabbit05; 07-09-12 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why? So you can wait a month or more until Apex starts selling an extractor for $20+ that might stop brass from hitting you in the face mid-magazine?

The pistols were not made right and Glock won't admit they ****ed up.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    In sure Apex will offer services to help get these things running right if the extractor does not do the trick. Have they got their new shop up and running yet ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    In sure Apex will offer services to help get these things running right if the extractor does not do the trick. Have they got their new shop up and running yet ?
    Greetings all,

We have finally moved into our new shop and are getting benches, mills, grinders and lathes situated.

I can empathize with the frustrations that many are feeling when it comes to the erratic ejection/extraction. I wish I could say our extractor and spring positively cures every gun out there. But I cannot. There are simply too many variables to account for.

I can say that so far, ALL of our beta testers have reported positive results- even when installing our parts in other problematic Gen 4 guns, and even troublesome Gen 3s. I know there are several variations of extractor, but since I have no contact with Glock engineers there is no way for me to know why the design changes were implemented.

The engineers had to have a reason to implement changes. If I can understand their thought processes, perhaps I can be of further assistance.

Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    Randy, I know things are still in the early stages, but do you have a ball park of what your extractors are going to cost? I understand if its too early to tell, but I was just curious. Thanks for all your time and hard work!

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Randy,

First off thank you for actually testing this extractor before just throwing it out there.

Just out of curiosity will you guys eventually offer services to have a glock sent into you guys if the extractor does not completely resolve the issue ?
    Last edited by og556; 07-09-12 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    nm---
    Last edited by whiterabbit05; 07-09-12 at 21:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Greetings all,

We have finally moved into our new shop and are getting benches, mills, grinders and lathes situated.

I can empathize with the frustrations that many are feeling when it comes to the erratic ejection/extraction. I wish I could say our extractor and spring positively cures every gun out there. But I cannot. There are simply too many variables to account for.

I can say that so far, ALL of our beta testers have reported positive results- even when installing our parts in other problematic Gen 4 guns, and even troublesome Gen 3s. I know there are several variations of extractor, but since I have no contact with Glock engineers there is no way for me to know why the design changes were implemented.

The engineers had to have a reason to implement changes. If I can understand their thought processes, perhaps I can be of further assistance.

Randy

I hope to complete further testing later this week

Page 102 of 210 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast