Page 103 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk87 View Post
    Randy, I know things are still in the early stages, but do you have a ball park of what your extractors are going to cost? I understand if its too early to tell, but I was just curious. Thanks for all your time and hard work!
    Hi Hawk,

The extractor is terribly complex to machine due to the odd angles. Fixturing it to cut is time consuming. This means the part and spring will most likely be around sixty bucks. Now i know why the factory went to MIM. It would be much cheaper to fabricate.

Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Randy,

First off thank you for actually testing this extractor before just throwing it out there.

Just out of curiosity will you guys eventually offer services to have a glock sent into you guys if the extractor does not completely resolve the issue ?
    I believe we will be offering a uniform ejection package to those wanting that as a service. I need to confirm that the slide ejection port cuts are optimal before we put it up online.

Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi Hawk,

The extractor is terribly complex to machine due to the odd angles. Fixturing it to cut is time consuming. This means the part and spring will most likely be around sixty bucks. Now i know why the factory went to MIM. It would be much cheaper to fabricate.

Randy
    Randy,

I think the Factory went from Cast to MIM.

I am convinced that the MIM is not the problem itself, it is the design and execution. It is a half-assed attempt in other words.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi Hawk,

Randy

$60? I'm good with that..I thought it'd be much more....
    Last edited by ralph; 07-10-12 at 08:38.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Plan to shoot my new Gen 4 G19 soon - so we'll see. 115 gr. Blazer Brass to start.

Feedback Score
    Am I the only one with a glock that has the older performance by virtue of its age that is concerned with the potential to need a replacement extractor only to have it cause issues?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    Proud owner of Gen 3 17,19,26 and a 21sf.

IMy questions are:

Could this all be poor pistol marksmanship and limp wristing with blaming the gun?

(pictures are nice).
    .)[/B]
    Marksmanship has nothing to do with gun function. Secondly if a gun is easy to limp wrist that is a definate problem in a self defense weapon. Imagine being injuried and only being able to use your support hand (weak hand). That said my Gen 3 17 has been flawless for many thousands of rounds but its an older one. My Gen 4 17 which I ended up trading to a buddy to do some dirt work on my drive way has been fine for myself and him now for about 1000 rounds.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    FYI, guns that have the weak sprinkler ejection have an odd symptom where a very loose grip will make he gun eject farther. Randy Lee pointed this out and I've tried it when my guns were behaving this way and sure enough, a weak grip will get stronger ejection.

This weekend while trying to see if we could get Glocks to eject without a mag like the beta Alex extractors, we noticed that if we had a very loose grip we could get the brass to eject without a mag, with a firm grip and no mag the gun would stovepipe or the brass would drop through the magwell.

So, limp wristing in the case of this issue is not a factor. And marksmanship isn't relevant since nobody has been talking about accuracy. Just weak or erratic ejection.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I can't tell you how frustrating it is to hear the old limp wristing BS about these guns.

I am just an average shooter but I have owned 6 Glock 19's over the years, two Glock 17's, and a bunch of other semi auto handguns ranging from HK's to Sigs.

Every Glock I have owned before this 2012 made G19 Gen 4 has been flawless. There were a couple that have thousands more rounds through them than this new G19 with all original parts and zero problems.

Another thing to add here is that I received a new extractor I ordered from Brownells and it is a dipped extractor marked with a number 2. I figured something like this would happen so I went ahead and ordered a confirmed non dip extractor from glockparts.com as well as an HRED. Hopefully these two will help until the APEX extractor launches.
    Last edited by og556; 07-11-12 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black goat View Post
    Am I the only one with a glock that has the older performance by virtue of its age that is concerned with the potential to need a replacement extractor only to have it cause issues?
    Nope.

I'm now concerned about needing to replace the RSA as well as the extractor. My older gen3 Glock 19's work. I'm concerned about what will happen when the RSA need to be replaced.

Page 103 of 210 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast