Page 11 of 210 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I signed up for the Glock Armorer's class at SHOT show. Do you think I will be able to get any insight from there about these issues?
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Certainly Glock has a big research project in place to study and fix these issues. I wonder if the "big lab" is in Austria or here or both. Human behavior predicts that internally the company has factions pointing fingers, denying responsibility, scapegoating, and fibbing about who did what. My guess is that things have got down to the nut cutting at the corporate level, especially since the bean counters at this point are having to wear diapers and the engineers and techs are saying "I told you so." My view is that they were fixing stuff that wasn't broke.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Have you ever talked to Glock about being a consultant on this or any issue? From your postings, you certainly have a grasp of the issues and one would assume Glock would have you on their payroll as an outside consultant.
    Thank you for your vote of confidence in my ramblings.

I have not spoken to anyone at Glock yet. In my experience, the engineers get ruffled feathers when outsiders offer assistance. I will make myself available to them at SHOT if they are interested.

In many cases the engineers are not shooters, and therefore don't see how their products behave outside the cleanroom environment. Don't get me wrong, most of them are brilliant. But often they rely on feedback from users who don't speak the same language. The result is often a "patch" rather than a cure.

I believe that my solution has merit, but it will probably take one of their engineers dissecting my parts and modifications before anyone listens.
    As with Smith & Wesson, Glock is a big ship that is slow to turn...

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    However Randy, S&W isn't a "ship" infused with an overdose of badly founded Teutonic arrogance. Methinks Glock's ship will not change course, but simply drive itself aground.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 12-26-11 at 14:43.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    However Randy, S&W isn't a "ship" infused with a overdose of badly founded Teutonic arrogance. Methinks Glock's ship will not change course, but simply drive itself aground.
    I suppose that I could see their arrogance as an opportunity for me.
    The sad fact is that all the horizontal stovepipes and goofy ejection could be cured in three simple steps...
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    Randy,

Your objectivity in this matter is refreshing and valuable to all of us who operate Glocks. I've used them for over 20 years and have always had nagging questions about their extraction and ejection characteristics. Your explanations have caused lots of lights to go on for me and certainly many others regarding this mess.

Glock is overwhelmed by significant corporate inertia and if they're going to keep on manufacturing a popular, yet marginal, product then I would do the American thing and market and produce the fix!
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Randy,

Your objectivity in this matter is refreshing and valuable to all of us who operate Glocks. I've used them for over 20 years and have always had nagging questions about their extraction and ejection characteristics. Your explanations have caused lots of lights to go on for me and certainly many others regarding this mess.

Glock is overwhelmed by significant corporate inertia and if they're going to keep on manufacturing a popular, yet marginal, product then I would do the American thing and market and produce the fix!
    Thank you Wayne,

I rely on the feedback and input from professionals such as yourself and others to help me decide on what projects to tackle next.

The Glock has always confounded me with it's ejection into or near my face and stovepipes. Even though they were working, I don't believe brass in the face is helpful to anyone. In a gunfight, we may not have the luxury of wearing safety glasses. One piece of brass in the eye could be catastrophic. The company might not worry about this possibility, but I do.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    I don't recall brass-to-the-face issues in older/working Gen-3's - is this a common complaint?

Regarding Gen 4, I have had constant and consistent failures with my two. Need more experience with the 0-4-3 spring + Wolf Extractor + White Noise Extractor Plunger Spring to see if it finally resolves the issues.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i heard it was the later produced gen 3-4's

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidevolk View Post
    I don't recall brass-to-the-face issues in older/working Gen-3's - is this a common complaint?

Read my post on the previous page near the bottom.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Page 11 of 210 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast