Page 110 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    It's hard to believe that an extractor of any brand would start failing after a low round count like that...especially since LWD extractors are almost universally thought to be better than the OEM Glock part.

Dirty? Other issues?

My LWD extractor works fine so far in my 17 (definitely allows the brass to eject better than the OEM part). Then again I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it.
    No,I'd detail cleaned it a couple weeks back, To be fair, the LWD extractor, never did resolve ejection issues..I'd still get hit, although less often, than with the OEM part..I thought I'd try this new, non-dip extractor when the LWD unit started acting up..I never thought either part as much more than a bandaid until Randy gets his extractor out.

So far, the Apex part is the only one that seems to work with either ejector, and as far as I know from reading beta tester reports, is holding up long term, The ammo I use are my loads...5.0 gr Win. Auto-Comp, with a X-treme 124gr plated RN bullet..OAL 1.132..This load works well in every 9mm I own, no feeding issues. As it is now, I'll probably look into buying a holster simular to the one I have for the Glock, and put the Glock up until Randy brings his extractors to market.That's a shame too, I really like the G19's size. The person that makes these holsters is about a 45-60 minute drive from me, and he'll make one custom if I can't find one that will fit..I understand P-99 holsters will work well with a PPQ..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi All,

We are awaiting the last three reports from beta testers. That puts the test extractors in roughly 20 or so gen 3 and gen 4 pistols. It also put the guns in the hands of several different size individuals to see how the end user's shooting style and mass affect the performance of the parts.

If I have an estimated timeline, they should be out by early fall (September is my target month).

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi All,

We are awaiting the last three reports from beta testers. That puts the test extractors in roughly 20 or so gen 3 and gen 4 pistols. It also put the guns in the hands of several different size individuals to see how the end user's shooting style and mass affect the performance of the parts.

If I have an estimated timeline, they should be out by early fall (September is my target month).

-Randy
    Randy, are some installed in any 40 s&w chambered glocks?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Randy, are some installed in any 40 s&w chambered glocks?
    Not that I'm aware of. I believe that there may be some changes needed in the hook dimensions...

Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    Randy, any plans to make an LCI eventually?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi All,

-Randy
    Thanks Randy! I've had money put aside for your extractor for awhile...I may try the 30274 ejector, and see if that helps, If it dosen't I'll put it up and wait..I'll probably buy a holster for my PPQ, So that I've got something reliable to carry in the meantime..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Well this is damn good news. I think I will now go ahead with my original plans to purchase some Gen 4 G19s for the family.
    Arms Secure Peace

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by az larry View Post
    Randy, any plans to make an LCI eventually?
    Not at this time. My personal feeling is that the lci should not be integral with the extractor. The lci design is a big part of the problem.

Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Picked up a new G19 Gen4 on Friday night. New series, serial # TCK... First thing i did when i brought it home was to change the dip extractor for the non-dip i had ordered from Glock a week before. (Cant say whether the dip works or doesn't, since its now a spare). I also added a set of Trijicons and the Glockmeister plug. I'm undecided about changing out the trigger for the one without the ridges. Shot 480 rounds yesterday without any problems. 300 Blazer Brass 115gr, 100 American Eagle 124gr, and 80 HST's 147gr. Will be shooting a few hundred more today.

I am quite happy with this G19 and was hesitant for a while because of the reported problems and because i was used to the size of the G17 for so long. Someone said it before, the G19 is a sweet spot in terms of capacity, size and concealability. For me, the G19 like the 26 works faster close-up. The G17 still does a better job (for me) at 15-25 yards.

Guys if a common thread seems to be the extractor then change it out before shooting the gun. For now get the OEM non-dip from whatever source is available.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not at this time. My personal feeling is that the lci should not be integral with the extractor. The lci design is a big part of the problem.

Randy
    I've noticed the tendency of the LCI shaving bits of holster material off on the draw and reholster stroke.. Can't be good on the long run to have particles floating into the extractor channel gumming up the works.. The ony reason Glock went to it is because Mass. demanded they integrate it in the design, or they wouldn't be allowed to sell their pistols within the state.

Page 110 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast