Page 136 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    I actually have an older G19 Gen3 (2005) that doesn’t have ejection problems & have compared it to the new G19 Gen3. I measured the extractor cutouts & they were the same on both slides. The extractors were different – same dimensions, but newer extractor’s upper & lower surfaces were not has smooth. Both had 336 ejector, but they were manufactured differently, but appeared to be the same dimensions.

I didn’t put the new extractor in the older pistol, but I did put the older extractor in the new G19 & it did not correct the ejection problems.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm 1020 rounds in so far with Apex's revised prototype extractor. I shot 400 rounds of Redline Ballisitc reloads and 20 rounds of HST and I did have a few ejections over the head but none hit me afaik.

I really need to work on this slide bite though

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    You need a Grip Force adapter ASAP. I have one for both my glocks and can't imagine shooting without one.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone here have access to a HSC(High Speed Camera) so we could get some idea of how the OEM and Apex extractors are preforming differently, preferably in both newer and older slides?

Has anyone done a comparison between a newer slide and a old one down to a ten thousandth of an inch range relating to the breach face, ejection port, ejector pocket and the ejector plunger channnle? or for that matter, one of the after market slides, either Gabes or Caspians? does anyone have any experience of running a current production extractor in either of them?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    You need a Grip Force adapter ASAP. I have one for both my glocks and can't imagine shooting without one.
    I'm not sure why I had it so bad this weekend lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AJE View Post
    I was very happy to pick up a gen 4 model 34 last week. I bought a gen 3 model 27 last year and it has given me absolutely no problems.

It sat on the shelf longer than I was hoping, as the serial number prefix is "RUM" and the date on the test fire cases were almost a year to the day before I bought it; 08/17/2011.

I have fired about 70 or so rounds through it so far, so I've barely gotten it dirty. I have not experienced any malfunctions of any sort, but I do experience the erratic ejection. I've had at least two fly to the left, and I've had a few in my face.

The ammunition was mixed between 115gr +P Gold Dots (only 10 or 15 rounds), 147gr reloads, and 115gr reloads. (The 147s are loaded with Universal Clays powder and are meant to be quiet through my suppressor, while the 115gr loads are a max load of Power Pistol and are not meant to be gentle or quiet).

I'm not using it as a carry weapon but I'm anxious to see what some of the solutions are in terms of the extractor/ejector issues and how they might fix it.

Spring: "0 4 2"
    Ejector: 336
    Extractor: "dip" style with a "4" on the end

Now something is telling me I need some rum...
    I have a Gen4 G17 from the 8/11 timeframe. It ejected randomly in a 360 degree arc until I had Glock install the Gen4 ejector (not the 336). After that it ran great and even passes the mag out test with flying colors. It may be worth a call to Glock or a Glock armorer for you to get the newer ejector.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by windellmc View Post
    I have a Gen4 G17 from the 8/11 timeframe. It ejected randomly in a 360 degree arc until I had Glock install the Gen4 ejector (not the 336). After that it ran great and even passes the mag out test with flying colors. It may be worth a call to Glock or a Glock armorer for you to get the newer ejector.
    My FDE G19 still has a pretty low round count and I have not taken any to the face yet but it does spit them in all directions. So I know its going to happen at some point. Will they send the new extractor or do you have to ship the gun?

Feedback Score
    Gen 4 G19 with test fire date in June, sn# range TKU & has the latest 30274 ejector.
    At first, it was ok, but did exhibit weak & erratic ejection, then around 450 rds it started with the BTF, Currently at 650rds, shooting a mix of Winchester 124gr NATO, Fed & Win 115gr bulk, BVAC 124gr HP, BTF getting more and more common, I am hoping the APEX extractor resolves it, so far it sounds promising. I really like the Gen 4 grip, but currently have no confidence in Glock's new models.

Feedback Score
    So if the Apex extractor isn't fixing the problem completely, only making it better. What is the root of the problem?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    So if the Apex extractor isn't fixing the problem completely, only making it better. What is the root of the problem?
    No one (AFAIK) knows exactly what combination of changes are causing the issues.

Mike

Page 136 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast