Page 146 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi all,

I really hope that our kit resolves most of the problems. I know that the beta testers have reported back favorably. But there are so many variables to this equation. I keep my fingers crossed that what we have done is good enough.

The next production run is in process. I expect the next batch to be back in house in 3-4 weeks. We will officially release the part to the world at that time.

Because we had only 70 parts, I felt that they would be best utilized here on this forum- where I was asked to look for possible solutions. I did not post on other forums, and I'm glad I didn't. From what I read, I sound like an unscrupulous businessman who uses underhanded marketing methods.

The fact of the matter is that there are enough guns out there that are experiencing problems that we can hopefully offer a viable solution.

To those who were upset at my decision to release the extractors here first, I can understand your frustration. However I made a promise that I would release the information here first. And I am a man of my word.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    . . .

Because we had only 70 parts, I felt that they would be best utilized here on this forum- where I was asked to look for possible solutions. I did not post on other forums, and I'm glad I didn't. From what I read, I sound like an unscrupulous businessman who uses underhanded marketing methods.

-Randy
    It's not you. GT has at least two (2) hard core Glock fan boys that troll all the threads relating to the erratic ejection issues. They were even at it yesterday when someone posted about the release of the Apex extractor.

Mike

Feedback Score
    The people at Apex could not have been easier to deal with. Admittedly, this was the first thing I have ever bought from them.

That said...oh yes...once I get it installed in my 3rd gen G19...I have close to 300rds set aside to test the thing. It is mostly Federal ball but I also have a few boxes of Hornady XTPs and brass cased S&B ball as well. This SHOULD give me a pretty good idea whether or not the extractor works.

My 3rd gen G19 never jammed but started tossing 1-2 brass at my face at about round number 800. Not the end of the world but jarring and I never know when it will happen. Annoying enough for me not to want to carry this G19.

Mine has the 336 ejector and a dip extractor that appears VERY worn for a piece that has only seen maybe 800 rounds.

Again...when I get it installed I will post my results for others to use in deciding if this fix is for them or not.

...fingers crossed

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    It's not you. GT has at least two (2) hard core Glock fan boys that troll all the threads relating to the erratic ejection issues. They were even at it yesterday when someone posted about the release of the Apex extractor.

Mike

Tiro is also a member here but KNOWS to avoid the crap he posts there.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Hi Randy,

I'm glad you decided to release the part here. It was essentially a "thank you" to the community who helped you with it, which I think is awesome and makes you a good businessman, not unscrupulous. People on other forums are just cheesed, I think, that you fixed something they've invested a large portion of their lives in denying. Like the poster said above, a few of them even troll this thread and the one in the Apex forums. They're just angry at this point and are lashing out over it. Much success will come from this part, I think, and that makes those guys mad.

Oh well, they'll continue being pelted in the face while denying it ever happened on Glocktalk (while telling everyone else to stop limpwristing).

Very happy to have been one of the first 70.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Oh, also: I've read that melonite treatment of stainless steel actually makes it less rust resistant and can make it fragile. That was just hearsay, though. Any experience with that?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am a little disappointed. I thought I had made the cut for the Apex extractor, paid, but I got the dreaded email today. I guess I am one of many on the list for the back ordered batch. For those of you that are getting one, please post as soon as possible letting us know how they run.
    Life's a risk, enjoy the adventure - HOPLOETHOS

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I got an email today from someone at Apex explaining how I was backordered. I have no problem with this and I really appreciate that you guys communicated with us clearly where we stand in terms of when we might get the extractors.

I am really excited that we are so close. You guys definitely tested the crap out of these extractors and I cant wait to put them through their paces in my pistols.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Oh, also: I've read that melonite treatment of stainless steel actually makes it less rust resistant and can make it fragile. That was just hearsay, though. Any experience with that?
    I think it depends on how the process is carried out- Sharp corners will allow the melonited surfaces to chip due to skin hardness. Tumble deburring will eliminate the knife edge surfaces and prevent breakage.

So far, none of the melonited extractors (M&P version) have shown any evidence of rust. I know that Smith had a problem early on that was attributed to the abrasives they were using prior to the QPQ process on their slides.

I designed the new extractor to be a bit more robust in the claw area to reduce stress.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    I took a file to my extractor. 150 rounds with no failures and no brass to the face.

Didn't really take any material off, just roughed it up a bit for better grip.

Same ammo used previously gave me at least one failure every mag and multiple brass to the face. factory reloads.
    Last edited by JonnyVain; 09-26-12 at 18:20.

Page 146 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast