Page 147 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    I think it depends on how the process is carried out- Sharp corners will allow the melonited surfaces to chip due to skin hardness. Tumble deburring will eliminate the knife edge surfaces and prevent breakage.

So far, none of the melonited extractors (M&P version) have shown any evidence of rust. I know that Smith had a problem early on that was attributed to the abrasives they were using prior to the QPQ process on their slides.

I designed the new extractor to be a bit more robust in the claw area to reduce stress.

-Randy
    Thanks for the info.

I only wish that I was an M&P guy versus a Glock guy so I could give you more business. I'll just have to buy more Glocks to put extractors in!

Feedback Score
    Mr. Lee,

Is APEX going to be selling ejectors too?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Mr. Lee,

Is APEX going to be selling ejectors too?
    At the moment, no. It seems that the factory has responded with the 30274 ejector that changes the trajectory of the ejected case at a slightly higher angle.

As more reports of how our extractor is performing in the field become available, it will give me a better idea of what else may be needed. The beta testers seemed to be able to run either the 336 or the 30274 ejector with our extractor, and use whichever one gave them the best result.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Randy,

looking at the APEX site I can't tell if your extractor has the LCI. Just asking because of the 2 different spring loaded bearings Glock has out for LCI and non LCI.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    It's a non LCI extractor but I believe you use the newer bearing on your existing plunger.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by az larry View Post
    It's a non LCI extractor but I believe you use the newer bearing on your existing plunger.
    That's what I was thinking, but I hate to assume.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Has anybody done any filing on their Glock extractor and can someone measure the Apex?

I am trying to see if I can make any improvements on my own since i ended up backordered on the Apex

Feedback Score
    Got mine in today. Installed in my G17L and will test it out tomorrow. I did notice that the spring loaded bearing does note snap into the provided spring, so be carefull not to loose yours. There is noticeably more spring tension with the Apex spring, similar to the White Sound Defense spring. Maybe more.The provided spring is a little bit larger in diameter than the factory plunger spring so the bearing doesn't snap in but sits in it. I tried a couple so it wasn't worn. No biggie as long as you know it and don't loose yours.

I have an HRED and may try that as well. Really looking forward to shooting tomorrow!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi all,

Our extractor is indeed a non lci version. It is my belief that using the extractor to do anything other than extract the case from the chamber is asking for trouble.

We had to increase the spring id slightly, as some of the original beta testers found that the first gen spring was too tight, and therefore difficult to insert the plunger and bearing tips.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Page 147 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast