Page 148 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Thanks Randy, I'm just glad I put it in on a clean work table.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi all,

Our extractor is indeed a non lci version. It is my belief that using the extractor to do anything other than extract the case from the chamber is asking for trouble.

We had to increase the spring id slightly, as some of the original beta testers found that the first gen spring was too tight, and therefore difficult to insert the plunger and bearing tips.

-Randy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi all,

Our extractor is indeed a non lci version. It is my belief that using the extractor to do anything other than extract the case from the chamber is asking for trouble.

-Randy
    Randy,
    could you elaborate? I am a big fan of being able to quickly determine whether or nor my Glock has a loaded chamber with the LCI, running my index across my G26 extractor has become a ritual when holstering in low light. Could you enlighten me as to why or how this could lead to trouble?

thanks

Feedback Score
    Randy addresses this earlier in the thread, I'm not sure if there is an easy way to search it though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have to admit Randy, I am a fan of the LCI and use it in lieu of a press-check.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I don't want to be a wanker, but please if we can try to stay in the vicinity of the original thread topic, and possibly take the conversation of LCI vs non LCI elsewhere.

Glad to see the Apex out. Excited to hear some range reports and possibly drop some in my own Gen 3 late models. So far my 17 is the only "brass to head" (occasionally) gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    I don't want to be a wanker, but please if we can try to stay in the vicinity of the original thread topic, and possibly take the conversation of LCI vs non LCI elsewhere.

Glad to see the Apex out. Excited to hear some range reports and possibly drop some in my own Gen 3 late models. So far my 17 is the only "brass to head" (occasionally) gun.
    Be a wanker. This is the most significant improvement to Glock pistols (and they should have fixed it not a third party) in a long time. There is a LCI in the shitty extractor that comes factory "perfection" from Glock. It doesn't work, but if LCI is what some want, go for it. Many of us will just be happy with reliable extraction.
    Last edited by brushy bill; 09-28-12 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi all,

I will share my thoughts on the LCI topic in our sub forum. That way it does not conflict with the spirit of this thread.

,Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    So glad these are out and can't wait to read the range reports on the Apex Extractor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by az larry View Post
    There is noticeably more spring tension with the Apex spring, similar to the White Sound Defense spring...
    From the start I thought that the Gen 4 spring seems light. I just wonder why so light on a Glock. I know that in the CZ, it is about the ONLY thing that messes up the guns reliability - 99% of CZ problems are fixed with a Wolf extractor spring.

Wouldn't an extractor that wears faster provide problems coupled to a weaker spring FASTER than one with a stronger spring? This seems exactly the problem with those who don't experience the extraction problem till 1-2000 rds. In other words, the problems would not happen till 3-5000 rounds, and then it would be deemed time to change the extractor, and the stronger spring would make up for it FOR A TIME.

Of course then, Apex has the 'final solution'. Solid, tough extractor, and better spring.

Gee... if Glock would contract to them, expand Randy's operation, hmmm.... Oooops, thinking too hard.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    My quick review of the Apex extractor.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...=1#post1405867

Page 148 of 210 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast