Page 151 of 210 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was placing an order a few days ago and threw an OEM 9mm extractor in to see what would show up. What arrived is a non-dip LCI extractor, I presume it's old stock since it has the older style parkerized looking finish as opposed to the new "painted" finish. I threw it in one of my Gen 4s and hopefully will shoot it this weekend. I haven't had any issues yet, but ejection is weak and I'm right at the 800rd mark where many guys seem to start having issues.

Has anyone tried an old style cast (presuming it's what I've got here) extractor in a problematic Gen 4, and if so what were the results?
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    I was placing an order a few days ago and threw an OEM 9mm extractor in to see what would show up. What arrived is a non-dip LCI extractor, I presume it's old stock since it has the older style parkerized looking finish as opposed to the new "painted" finish. I threw it in one of my Gen 4s and hopefully will shoot it this weekend. I haven't had any issues yet, but ejection is weak and I'm right at the 800rd mark where many guys seem to start having issues.

Has anyone tried an old style cast (presuming it's what I've got here) extractor in a problematic Gen 4, and if so what were the results?
    Within the last few months I ordered a Glock OEM 9mm extractor and received a non-dip version. No change in ejection on a Gen4 G19 and G26. FWIW, out of the box the G26 ejection was better than the G19.

Mike

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My newest Gen 3 Glock 17 purchased in 12/2011 was giving me about 2-3 rounds in the face every 100 rounds or so. I am just over the 2000 round mark and now I am up to about 3/5 per magazine. This is happening all of a sudden. I am wondering if this occurs as soon as the finish wears off the extractor. I have a Gen2 G19 and a Gen 3 G34 with thousands of rounds through each and the finish isn't worn off. I shoot more .40 than 9mm because of work and my 2007 gen 3 G22 also has no wear on the extractor. My Gen 4 G22 from 2009 has wear on the extractor but no extraction issues. There is around 6000 rounds through that one.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Just got a new FDE gen 3 17. Test fire date Sept 2012. Has the dip extractor and 336 ejector. Brass to face and forehead right out of the box. I thought they where shipping with updated parts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    My newest Gen 3 Glock 17 purchased in 12/2011 was giving me about 2-3 rounds in the face every 100 rounds or so. I am just over the 2000 round mark and now I am up to about 3/5 per magazine. This is happening all of a sudden. I am wondering if this occurs as soon as the finish wears off the extractor. I have a Gen2 G19 and a Gen 3 G34 with thousands of rounds through each and the finish isn't worn off. I shoot more .40 than 9mm because of work and my 2007 gen 3 G22 also has no wear on the extractor. My Gen 4 G22 from 2009 has wear on the extractor but no extraction issues. There is around 6000 rounds through that one.
    I think it could be the extractor spring weakening or settling in.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-cat View Post
    I think it could be the extractor spring weakening or settling in.

Man, if you are right could you imagine? All this chaos and excitement because a spring was weakening or installed weaker than it should be. Sometimes the solution is simpler than we'd like to imagine. You may be on to something.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Just got a new FDE gen 3 17. Test fire date Sept 2012. Has the dip extractor and 336 ejector. Brass to face and forehead right out of the box. I thought they where shipping with updated parts?
    Glock service dept. told me over the phone that the replacement parts do not resolve the issue for Gen 3 guns because of slight frame changes. That is why they recommended that I exchange my Gen 3 for an updated Gen 4, so I did. The Gen 4 has operated perfectly so far.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Only the gen 4 Glocks are getting the updated parts.

Glock denies the gen 3 models have any problems.

That's why you have to order a gen 4 trigger kit
    and swap over the ejector to a gen 3. No updated gen 3 trigger group

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    Glock service dept. told me over the phone that the replacement parts do not resolve the issue for Gen 3 guns because of slight frame changes. That is why they recommended that I exchange my Gen 3 for an updated Gen 4, so I did. The Gen 4 has operated perfectly so far.
    That's OK if don't live in California.

Another issue is from what I've read on this & other forums gen 4's seem to have more issues then gen 3's
    And what if you don't like the gen 4 grip?
    Last edited by clarkz71; 10-15-12 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    Man, if you are right could you imagine? All this chaos and excitement because a spring was weakening or installed weaker than it should be. Sometimes the solution is simpler than we'd like to imagine. You may be on to something.
    Nope. People have replaced the spring with all sorts of new OEMs/stronger aftermarkets to no effect.

Page 151 of 210 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast