Page 156 of 210 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Alluminum gases are harder to extract than brass cases. While we have had good luck with it in my department, I have seen guns have issues with it.
    As long as your gun is running with your carry ammo I would not worry.
    Pat
    FWIW 99% of the test casings you find in the envelopes shipped with Glocks is Blazer. With the exception of the .357 models.

I've heard of people running 90 degree 9mm extractors in Gen 4 17,19,26, and 34's. You would want to use the non-LCI EDP bearing with that setup. I'd try just about anything before plunking down $60 for a third party spring and extractor.

Personally most of the Gen 4's run fine. What you see on the interwebs is from a very small sampling of the minority who have issues. Even my late 1990's Gen 2's occassionally toss out an odd ejection. If they fail to extract and eject, that's when I'll be concerned.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a Gen4 G19FDE & Gen4 G21FDE....both have been flawless with a variety of ammo from aluminum Blazer to Federal HST to Ranger +p+

"Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR10TFn View Post
    Well hello all - do not post on here often. Just want to say this site is great, lots of real info here from people that have walked the walk,I'm mostly a F-class competitor, with some hi-power thrown in, but recently started my search for a new concealed carry pistol, really have not considered a glock till recently, been carrying a springfield compact or Khar K-9 depending on weather here in NC. [incidently the K-9 is my wife's] so I'm needing a smaller warm weather carry option. I was really looking at trying a Glock in 9mm but after reading all the horror stories about them really backing down on that option, after all these years of hearing that a Glock was kinda like a pistol version of the AK, -it will always function- . Well I guess Glock Inc. has sold enough of them to ignore consumer problems, or at least talk with owners and advise them what they are doing to correct what is a obivious problem and then assure they will make good on the correction,one thing with a range toy or safe queen, but in my case my pd pistol, [btw-we just had a murder a few blocks from my home last week, guy shot in the face by armed robber] I will not tolerate a non-functioning ar or my competition bolt gun, sure a h#** will not tolerate it in a self defense gun. Hope Glock Inc. monitors these sites and realizes the bad pr will only hurt their sales.
    If I were you I'd look around for a Gen 2 Glock 19 in good shape without any updated internal parts. Depending on hand size you might even find the grip more comfortable without the finger grooves of the 3rd and 4th Gen 19s'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556A2 View Post
    Quick question to prevent reading back nearly 80 pages:

Are the Glock 26s having issues? I remember the Gen4s not having many issues since it has always had a dual recoil spring. However, are they having the same ejection issues as the 17/19/34?
    I've seen three G26 pistols misbehave with brass to the face. At least two of the three (I don't specifically remember) were gen 4 versions
    Philippians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise View Post
    FWIW 99% of the test casings you find in the envelopes shipped with Glocks is Blazer. With the exception of the .357 models.

I've heard of people running 90 degree 9mm extractors in Gen 4 17,19,26, and 34's. You would want to use the non-LCI EDP bearing with that setup. I'd try just about anything before plunking down $60 for a third party spring and extractor.

Personally most of the Gen 4's run fine. What you see on the interwebs is from a very small sampling of the minority who have issues. Even my late 1990's Gen 2's occassionally toss out an odd ejection. If they fail to extract and eject, that's when I'll be concerned.
    Well, counting the extractor that came with the pistol, I'm now on extractor #3...The factory dip extractor gave up after about 7-800rnds..Next, I tried a LWD extractor..it too, gave up after 7-800rnds..I'm now running a factory non-dip extractor..I've got about 1000rnds or so on it, and while it was a improvement, I'd still get hit on the head with brass, usually about 4-5 times per 200rnds shot.. The single biggest improvement I've made using this extractor, was to install wolfe 10%+ mag springs..Randy has stated a few times that Glocks are heavily dependent on the pressure from the mag to hold the extracted round on the extractor, Using these springs improved extraction in MY pistol, to the point that last time out with it I got hit once in 200rnds...As far as paying $60 for a extractor..Dude, I've probably spent almost that much already on parts trying to fix this,(two extractors, A 30274 ejector, 6 mag springs) and I still get hit...The video's I've seen of the Gen 3 extractor Randy is making looks like it solves the problem, I don't know about you, but, when they come out I'm buying one...
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I replaced my 336 ejector with the 30274 last week in my gen3 19. The brass to face and stove piping issues are gone. The spent brass is still kind of weak ejecting but still a lot better than before.
    I just ran 300 rds of cheap, $9.99 a box, Independence 115gr without a single issue. Ran perfect!
    I have also ran American Eagle 147gr rnfp and Fiocchi 158gr subsonics without issue since replacement of the ejector.
    Last edited by MattHallman; 10-28-12 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Manufacturer: Glock
    Model: 19
    Generation: 3
    Purchase date: 10/22/2012
    Test fire date: 4/2/2012
    Ejector: 336
    Extractor: dip (filed/polished casting marks off the top and bottom)

Put 408rnds of WWB 115 grain through it today. Not a single problem.
    Put 20rnds of federal hydra shok 135grain jhp through it today, again..not a single problem.

Constant ejections between 3-4 o'clock

Gonna put another 500rnds of WWB through it in 2 weeks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I put my 2nd gen g17 Ejector, with a one marked on it, In my g19 gen 3 with a non dipped g22 extractor and the bullets are not falling out of the magazine well anymore. Shot a match like that today and no malfunctions and no brass to the face.
    Last edited by xjustintimex; 10-29-12 at 15:03.

Feedback Score
    Update: I switched out my extractor to the old Gen 3 non lci version. I also have the gen 4 ejector in my gun. This was not a fix for me at least. I got 2 BTF out of hundred rounds. Plus some crazy ejection. I'm going to switch back to my Lone Wolf 40 i put in earlier. I had good ejection with that part. I have a recent manufacture Gen 3 17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattHallman View Post
    I replaced my 336 ejector with the 30274 last week in my gen3 19. The brass to face and stove piping issues are gone. The spent brass is still kind of weak ejecting but still a lot better than before.
    I just ran 300 rds of cheap, $9.99 a box, Independence 115gr without a single issue. Ran perfect!
    I have also ran American Eagle 147gr rnfp and Fiocchi 158gr subsonics without issue since replacement of the ejector.
    Last night I replaced the 336 ejector in my G26 with a 30274 ejector, and just put 100 rounds of WWB through it. Summary of the results: the brass falls more consistently but weakly, about 90% of it is at 4:30 and about 2.5 to 3 feet out. With the original ejector it was scattered all over the place.

It has however made part of the problem a little worse, I took five in the face, that's the most yet (with the old ejector it was typically 2 or 3 per 100 rounds). This gun rarely stovepipes, twice ever and both were weak hand/one handed shooting, so it's more of an annoyance issue.

So I'm still going to need to patiently wait for the Apex gen 3 extractor.

Page 156 of 210 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast