Page 176 of 210 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Not me. Glock's unreliability led me to try a PPQ. Now there's no need for me to take a chance on an unreliable pistol. My Glock goes in the back of the safe. Third string backup.
    Same here..P-2000 as backup..I won't consider another Glock, or for that matter another M&P 9, until it's been proven that the known issues with both have been resolved..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Are you wearing an inner layer? I use an under armor tee or regular tee, and haven't noticed anything different than any other Glock variant.

No I have been wearing it against skin under t-shirt. It would probably eat through an inner layer of shirt though after not too long.

Feedback Score
    so, now what? I have both my g 17 g 19 late gen 3 with btf issues

I have been reading through pages and pages of these issues and am
    a little frustrated, so Is the new apex extractor for gen 3 still hit or miss? Do I sell my gen 3s for gen 4 and get the apex extractor ? Do I just keep my 1990s gen 3 g 17,and 2006 g26 and sell the others ? or wait and hope for something form either apex or glock? I have a total of 4 glocks all gen 3 2 are early gen 3, and 2 late gen 3 I have spent a lot of money on magazines etc and really don't want to go to another gun I still like the glock and have no other malfunctions of any kind

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not me. Glock's unreliability led me to try a PPQ. Now there's no need for me to take a chance on an unreliable pistol. My Glock goes in the back of the safe. Third string backup.
    My read is that the advent of the PPQ & S&W MP's, Glock reign as the goto pistol may be over.

Unless they do something dramatic to correct the problems quickly, anyway. Already seeing LGS's becoming tired of the issues. Locked in on a Glock... They'll sell you one. Ask them what they recommend, and you'll get a different answer now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    so, now what? I have both my g 17 g 19 late gen 3 with btf issues

I have been reading through pages and pages of these issues and am
    a little frustrated, so Is the new apex extractor for gen 3 still hit or miss? Do I sell my gen 3s for gen 4 and get the apex extractor ? Do I just keep my 1990s gen 3 g 17,and 2006 g26 and sell the others ? or wait and hope for something form either apex or glock? I have a total of 4 glocks all gen 3 2 are early gen 3, and 2 late gen 3 I have spent a lot of money on magazines etc and really don't want to go to another gun I still like the glock and have no other malfunctions of any kind
    If your interested in swapping some parts to see if you can correct the issue I would take the following steps. You can do them one at a time and possibly find the answer without investing in all but how far you willing to go is up to you.
    1 - swap the ejector to the 30274..
    2 - swap the extractor for Apex G3 extractor.
    3 - Swap the spring on the extractor plunger to the Apex spring in the kit.
    4 - swap the spring loaded bearing to the non loaded chamber indicated one.

All the above solved my gen 3 19's issues but I didn't do it in that order and looking back I should have tried the ejector swap first. It has the potential to solve some guns issues with minimal time and money invested.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    My read is that the advent of the PPQ & S&W MP's, Glock reign as the goto pistol may be over.

Unless they do something dramatic to correct the problems quickly, anyway. Already seeing LGS's becoming tired of the issues. Locked in on a Glock... They'll sell you one. Ask them what they recommend, and you'll get a different answer now.
    I had the M&P 9 I saw malfunctions in class, and read too many issues about them
    The PPQ may be great but hasn't been around long and Im worried if I jump on it then id be hearing about all sorts of problems with it, just my luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I had the M&P 9 I saw malfunctions in class, and read too many issues about them
    The PPQ may be great but hasn't been around long and Im worried if I jump on it then id be hearing about all sorts of problems with it, just my luck
    P99 is what the PPQ really is. They have over 15 years producing the design and it didn't have much teething pains. I always thought the P99AS would be more popular one day but it's taken a long time for them to get any love in the U.S.

Most people would never guess they cost more than HK in Europe because popularity influences perception of quality.

I saw a guy at the LGS just yesterday fondling a PPQ for $519 and his bud said, "dude just get a Glock, they are like an AK and never jam." Too bad I'm broke or I would have added it to the family.

Feedback Score
    well If I want a ppq there aren't any around anywhere especially with all the panic buying going on so ill be with my glock for now and deal with btf until my early gen 3 17 comes back from, the smith getting night sights
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 12-29-12 at 15:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post

I don't know. I'm completely indifferent to Glock's plight. My only concern is that MY pistol, whatever I carry, is reliable. I gave Glock a fair shake to keep my business. They failed. No problem. Just move on....

Feedback Score
    Decided to keep my 2 g 17s just bought a HK P30 v2 to replace my g 19 which I'll sell.
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 12-30-12 at 17:14.

Page 176 of 210 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast