Page 184 of 210 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score

How often?

Eeeeeevvery time I shoot a mag worth!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    I hear that, I spotted a Gen2 G19 in a pawn shop case, bought it on the spot,
    Austrian proofs, 1989 production with the original adj rear sight.
    At least I got an early gen 3 g 17 from late 90s I was lucky to snatch at a gun show

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrylo913 View Post
    So your saying its going to get worse from now on? I've been debating if I should call Glock or not. It's happened 1% of the time so that's a win win for me. I'm just wondering how often others get BTF.
    Yep every Damn time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Yep every Damn time
    You buddy must be a Glock hater for sure. Thanks for you -0.2 cents

temecula Guest
    I have Glock 30SF. The brass fly backward and hit my face 8 out of 10 shots. Is it normal for Glock 30?

Feedback Score
    No I love glock But when they let their QC go to shit and won't acknowledge they have a problem and quite a few.people have the same issues what do you expect

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by temecula View Post
    I have Glock 30SF. The brass fly backward and hit my face 8 out of 10 shots. Is it normal for Glock 30?
    Not normal for any gun but is the new normal for glock

Feedback Score
    Jerry - you posted your question about your issues with your G19, so I'm unclear why you'd be labeling someone with similar (or worse) issues a "hater." There are a LOT of us on this forum who WERE dyed-in-the-wool Glock fanbois, who have had HORRIBLE experiences with newer production Glock 9mms.

I had four bad G19s (five if you count the first run Gen4 G19 I had that wouldn't feed ANY 9mm except +P or hotter, and had dead trigger issues as polymer peeled off the recoil spring channel and into the connector area). The worst of these would literally ping me in the forehead hard enough to draw blood 5-6 rounds/magazine, and would eject brass randomly in a 360 degree arc during firing. All of the last four had FTE failures and stovepipes and unsatisfactory ejection. I switched guns to HK because, as a working LEO, I simply can't afford to be worrying if my duty pistol is going to work properly when I need it.

This doesn't make me a Glock hater. In fact, I continue to read this thread in the hopes that I'm going to see more reports about recent G19 reliability, leading me to go back to the platform that I have literally decades of experience and 100K+ practice rounds through.

But, as your own experience indicates, Glock STILL isn't there yet.

And, if you're already getting weird ejection and BTF at the 500 round mark, you're problems are likely to get worse, not better, as time goes on. I've seen post 2010 G19s that ran like champs then went to hell at the 3-5K round mark (like my 2010 OD G19), but haven't seen a single one that started off with problems and got better as the round count increased.

Best of luck to you!

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Jerry's case of experiencing reliability and extraction issues with quality ammo (gold dot & Winchester nato) surprises me, is this common? The issues that I have had with any Glock that I have seen in person has only been with cheaper ammo such as WWB, Federal champion, Rem UMC, etc. I've never had one of mine have issues with higher grain/FPS/quality FMJ ammo, and especially never with duty quality ammo like gold dot. Have many other people had this experience? That is a HUGE issue...compared to only having problems with non-duty ammo.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumber237 View Post
    Jerry's case of experiencing reliability and extraction issues with quality ammo (gold dot & Winchester nato) surprises me, is this common? The issues that I have had with any Glock that I have seen in person has only been with cheaper ammo such as WWB, Federal champion, Rem UMC, etc. I've never had one of mine have issues with higher grain/FPS/quality FMJ ammo, and especially never with duty quality ammo like gold dot. Have many other people had this experience? That is a HUGE issue...compared to only having problems with non-duty ammo.
    I would get BTF about 6 rounds out of every magazine, with the rest of them dribbling out in random directions. This was using PMC Bronze 115gr FMJ ammo. I tried a 17lb recoil spring.....->BTF plus stovepipes. I tried Fiocchi 124gr ammo, only slight improvement. I took no comfort from that because IMHO weak, commercially available ammo should never be a valid excuse for poor firearm performance. Any Glock made ought be able to cycle any commonly-available training ammo with complete reliability, just like every other 9mm handgun that I own.

Page 184 of 210 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194 ... LastLast