Page 188 of 210 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score

I didn't read all the posts so...............

I was told to check out this thread from some folks at Defensive Carry. I purchased a brand NEW Gen 3 Glock 19 at the beginning of this month for my son.He is finishing up his tour as a paratrooper in Afghanistan shortly. I've had my G19 Gen 3 since 2000 with NO issues..so you can imagine I'm concerned about this pistol. It has a test fire date of 12/01/12. Serial number begins with a "U". It won't be fired until he comes home on leave..but wanted to learn as much about this as possible. I did NOT go through all the posts yet on this thread. Can anybody sum this issue(or non-issue)up for me. THANKS!!
    Last edited by old grunt; 01-31-13 at 16:00.
    "WE DEAL IN LEAD FRIEND.", Steve McQueen,THe Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)/OIF 2007-08
    Colt Gov't & OM / G19 & 26/SP101
    Retired NYS LEO/NRA Life Member

Feedback Score

Apex extractor

Well I decided to give my gen 3 g19 another chance I took the plunge an ordered the new extractor from Apex and installed it I also ordered the glock spring loaded bearing and am looking for the 30274 ejector when I get the test of these parts I'll shoot it hopefully this fixes it
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 01-31-13 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    I was told to check out this thread from some folks at Defensive Carry. I purchased a brand NEW Gen 3 Glock 19 at the beginning of this month for my son.He is finishing up his tour as a paratrooper in Afghanistan shortly. I've had my G19 Gen 3 since 2000 with NO issues..so you can imagine I'm concerned about this pistol. It has a test fire date of 12/01/12. Serial number begins with a "U". It won't be fired until he comes home on leave..but wanted to learn as much about this as possible. I did NOT go through all the posts yet on this thread. Can anybody sum this issue(or non-issue)up for me. THANKS!!
    Until you fire it there is no real way to know if you will have a problem. By fire I personally mean a good 1000 rnds. I was fortunate with my Gen4 in that it has run to 7800 rnds without a hiccup.Others not so much. I purchased a Gen3 in 2011 that is the only Glock of the many i've owned that had a malfunction, along with BTF issues.
    Since purchasing an apex extractor and non-LCI bearing it has shot/ejected superbly to so far 700 rnds. This with the 336 ejector.

If you want to cover all your bases, remove the slide and check to see that you have the 30274 ejector , if so good.
    Then also pickup an apex tactical Gen3 extractor (get em now while theyre available). And lastly pick up a non-LCI plunger/bearing (white), I believe I got mine from Lone Wolf online.
    If the gun runs with good ejection leave it alone and you have some quality spare parts ( when it comes time to change the extractor ,you'll have a quality part as opposed to a MIM part).
    If it doesn't you'll proceed parts in hand from there.

My .02
    Last edited by vigilant2; 01-31-13 at 16:30.
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    We (one son in OSUT at Benning now, another spooling up to deploy to AFG in a few months) have is it a dozen recent production Glock 9mms, Gen's 3 and 4. They have all run great. PM sent.
    Last edited by JHC; 01-31-13 at 17:13.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Thanks Vigiliant..much appreciated !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilant2 View Post
    Until you fire it there is no real way to know if you will have a problem. By fire I personally mean a good 1000 rnds. I was fortunate with my Gen4 in that it has run to 7800 rnds without a hiccup.Others not so much. I purchased a Gen3 in 2011 that is the only Glock of the many i've owned that had a malfunction, along with BTF issues.
    Since purchasing an apex extractor and non-LCI bearing it has shot/ejected superbly to so far 700 rnds. This with the 336 ejector.

If you want to cover all your bases, remove the slide and check to see that you have the 30274 ejector , if so good.
    Then also pickup an apex tactical Gen3 extractor (get em now while theyre available). And lastly pick up a non-LCI plunger/bearing (white), I believe I got mine from Lone Wolf online.
    If the gun runs with good ejection leave it alone and you have some quality spare parts ( when it comes time to change the extractor ,you'll have a quality part as opposed to a MIM part).
    If it doesn't you'll proceed parts in hand from there.

My .02
    Don't know about the EXTRACTOR but the EJECTOR has 336 on it. Is this the problematic one? I'm a "gun guy" and this whole thread has my head SPINNING!!

Feedback Score
    Don't know about the EXTRACTOR but the EJECTOR has 336 on it. Is this the problematic one? I'm a "gun guy" and this whole thread has my head SPINNING!!
    Doesn't worry me. Gen 3's still come with the 336. My recent prod Gen 3's with the 336 run like Glock legend. Shoot it.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Like JHC says shoot it first. My Gen 3 has the 336 ejector also, and so far with the apex and non-LCI bearing is running great. I do however have a brand new in the wrapper 30274 ejector waiting in the wings. Again, if you want to cover all bases order one. They are cheap enough and you have spare parts (in this climate a good thing).........................

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.a...123268&CAT=137
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score

What's the Cliff Notes version of all this?

First off THANKS JHC and Vigilant ! The concensus appears to be SHOOT FIRST, then worry if necessary. GOOD sound advice! However, I do have a couple general questions that I hope can be addressedas it relates to the Gen 3 G19's)
    1: Has Glock itself announced that they have the problem figured out finally and that guns produced after a certain time and serial number range are "good to go"?
    2: If #1 is true..what says those in the industry and G19 owners?
    3: Is there any general agreement on what parts need to be changed to get a "burping" G19 running like it's suppose to be? Alot about different replacement extractors and,of course different OEM numbered ejectors. I heard so much on this thread that I need a flow chart !

Last edited by old grunt; 01-31-13 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First off THANKS JHC and Vigilant ! The concensus appears to be SHOOT FIRST, then worry if necessary. GOOD sound advice! However, I do have a couple general questions that I hope can be addressedas it relates to the Gen 3 G19's)
    1: Has Glock itself announced that they have the problem figured out finally and that guns produced after a certain time and serial number range are "good to go"?
    2: If #1 is true..what says those in the industry and G19 owners?
    3: Is there any general agreement on what parts need to be changed to get a "burping" G19 running like it's suppose to be? Alot about different replacement extractors and,of course different OEM numbered ejectors. I heard so much on this thread that I need a flow chart !

Hate to sound unhelpful, but everything you ask and want to know has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread, as well as several other redundant ones. Several folks have posted serial numbers, ranges, specific observations at different production points, and all kinds of minutiae. In the end, you could save yourself some trouble by doing the following:

Ignore the internet for now.
    Shoot the gun.
    Address function or lack thereof thereafter.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-31-13 at 19:38.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 188 of 210 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198 ... LastLast