Page 193 of 210 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Mine was bad from day 1. Ultimately fixed with a 30274 and an Apex extractor.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
    I was holding off on the Apex extractor, really just being to cheap to pay $60 for the part. I was able to deal with the forehead shots every now and again. Today I took a hot casing to the eye. Stuck between my eye and glasses! Luckily it didn't get my eyeball. Pissed about that, and now I'm going to bite the bullet and give the Apex a shot. Have people bought the Apex extractor, and still encountered btf casings?
    Kinda.

I had a weak/erratic gen3 that I tried an Apex in and it didn't help.

BUT.

I did not fit the extractor or seek any kind help from anyone. I just sold the pistol to a guy who wanted it.

I never in any way thought it was a failure on Apex's part. Quite the opposite. I felt it to be talent somewhat wasted for someone like Mr. Lee to put so much skill and effort into such a dismally engineered POS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Mine was bad from day 1. Ultimately fixed with a 30274 and an Apex extractor.

Ha! AWESOME pic.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was holding off on the Apex extractor, really just being to cheap to pay $60 for the part. I was able to deal with the forehead shots every now and again. Today I took a hot casing to the eye. Stuck between my eye and glasses! Luckily it didn't get my eyeball. Pissed about that, and now I'm going to bite the bullet and give the Apex a shot. Have people bought the Apex extractor, and still encountered btf casings?
    Yes, I have. That was until I replaced the RSA and the ejector. I was getting about 1-2 BTF every mag until I replaced all the parts. Now I have 250 BTF-free shot so far with the new parts and the Apex.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Yes! Randy and his group have been nothing but great to me. I bought the APEX set up after my last non-dipped OEM extractor pooped out after a few humdred rounds. It is a better design. But still evidently varies greatly in how well the MIM process is done. So they may work for a few hundred or a few thusand rounds.
    Anyways Randy fit a new extractor to my gun. All seemed well until about 400 rounds. The gun started to work it's way into throwing brass back at me. Randy said the guns they've been working with are varying widely in tolerences. That's why some are easy to fix. Some are nearly impossible. After talking with Randy the last thing to do is lower the ejection port.
    The brass is clearly hitting the port on ejection. Their is a mark almost dead center where the inner wall of the inside of the ejection port is hitting the brass sending it off in different directions. Someone on this thread called their G19 the "Spawn of Satan". Mine is Satan! I'm not getting any help from Glock. I've recieved multiple replacement guns from them when they couldn't fix them.
    Grant is right at least as far as my gun goes. Without lowering the ejection port it will never be right. Count yourself lucky if simple parts changes have worked for you. Glocks "tolerences" are all over the place. Some better, some worse, some impssible. Don't know how much of it's in house. How much from sending parts out to be manufactured. But it's a real crap shoot as to what you'll get from Glock these days. Some of my 20 year old Glocks with tens of thousands of rounds through them show less extractor wear than the new ones after only a few hundred rounds.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

BTF!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    BTF!

Curious to know if you were you wearing eye protection when this happened ? IMHO, just like not all cops are crooked, or all preachers just want your money, etc. Some Glock Gen 3 & 4 9's run great (with no BTF issues) from the factory or with the Apex components installed while others seemed to be screwed up from the start. What % are screwed up and maybe not fixable and how is one to know when buying a new or a 1-3 yr old used one ? I have not heard of a way to know other than shooting it for 2-4,000 rds.
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-20-13 at 10:31.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

The casing got stuck between glasses and eye

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The casing got stuck between glasses and eye
    Ouch..

Feedback Score
    Yeah...ouch! Hope it did no permanent damage.

I had a case go between my glasses and eyebrow back before I got the ejection issues solved on my G19. However...luck had it that my glasses were sitting farther out on my nose and the case fell out.

Still...a frightening moment...no doubt about it.

-brickboy240

Page 193 of 210 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast