Page 197 of 210 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got a new g19 produced this month (august 8th) and it immediately had horribly weak ejection, and btf issues. before 400 rounds it had a few double feeds. hurrrray Guess glock still has not fixed much.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    I called Glock this morning and the guy wouldn't replace my ejectors on my newer glocks. He said that the 30274's haven't been substantial proof that it helps gen 3's to send out replacements but sent out new recoil springs. I'm going to call again in the morning and direct them to this thread to see I can get them replaced
    called again today and they refuse to send out 30274 ejectors for gen 3's

i need 4 of them. anyone know where to get them for a reasonable price?

Feedback Score
    I bought my 30274 ejector from Brownells. You actually buy a Gen 4 ejection piece and remove the metal part with pliers and seat it in your original piece.

At about round number 2500....my problematic 3rd gen G19 with the 30274 and Apex extractor has never tossed brass anywhere near my face or jammed at all.

I now feel it is GTG as far as a carry piece and am getting ready to add the Vickers mag release, slide stop and Redback One sights.

So far...so good with the 30274 and Apex's wonderful extractor.

This is where I got the ejector:

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod42591.aspx

Hope this helps...

-brickboy240
    Last edited by brickboy240; 08-28-13 at 10:52.

Feedback Score
    I'm a M&P person but wanted to get a Glock 17 or 34. Forgive me in advance as I'm sure it has been disccused but what is the actual cause for the ejector/extractor problems?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AR10TFn View Post
    Hi folks, well I have bit the bullet and bought a gen4 mod 19 , actually bought it about two months ago, only have about 400 rounds thru it. so far no problems [200 rounds fed red box and 200 rounds reloads appx 100 each 124 gn and 147gn, at upper mid range loads]. This pistol was test fired 27 March 13 has the 30274 ejector and 0-3-4 rsa, VBB series. Anyway I've really gotten the bug for a gen4 - 21 has anyone had or heard of any of the btf,fte,or any of the problems that have been found in the 9mm and 40 series of glocks, thanks.
    From what I've read the gen4 21's were the only gen4's that haven't had any problems. On Doc Robert's old duty guns list the gen4 21 was one of the only 4 .45's that he said were GTG. If I ever take the plunge into .45 again, it'll be with a gen4 21.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
    called again today and they refuse to send out 30274 ejectors for gen 3's

i need 4 of them. anyone know where to get them for a reasonable price?
    Glock will not send any parts to anybody for any reason unless you are a certified Glock armorer. They don't ship parts to the general public.
    The part number you listed is the new Gen4 ejector, though my recently purchased Gen3 G26 does have that ejector in it and works fine.

Try glockparts.com , they usually have parts in stock and are priced fairly.

Feedback Score
    My wife preferred my Gen3 G19 when she asked me to teach her to shoot, which had performed impeccably through its first 4000 rounds, so I picked up an identical G19 in FDE for myself. I noticed the erratic ejection right away but as long as there weren't stoppages or malfunctions, I would continue to shoot it. Just as others had described, it spit cases in all directions-at times just barely dribbling out the ejection port- but it continued to function without stoppage or malfunction. I really didn't notice being hit by brass all that often but I think it had more to do with being focused on my shooting and not on keeping track of where the ejected cases were landing. At 1200 rounds I took this G19 to a 2-day defensive handgun class. TD1 produced its first 2 stoppages(both vertical stovepipes) in the 350 rounds fired that day. TD2 had 400 trouble free rounds but an incident occurred that set the gears in motion for me to get it ejecting like all of my other Glocks. With the instructor hovering right behind me a hot case landed inside the collar on the back of my neck; had I not been a competent, experienced shooter, that could have ended badly. I instinctively let go with my weak hand and swept that case from my collar, keeping the pistol pointed downrange. So at just shy of 2000 rounds I took matters into my own hands. I wasn't going to get online and bitch about how much Glocks suck. I wasn't going to reinstall the OEM mag release, slide stop, connector, and sights so I could send it back to Glock and demand that they fix my ejection issues. After all, I had only had 2 stoppages in nearly 2000 rounds. A week later I put an Apex Failure Resistant Extractor(thank you Randy) and 30274 ejector into said Gen3 G19. My non-LCI bearing hadn't arrived yet but I couldn't resist testing it. On my way home from work I had 3 magazines of 115gr reloads and a handful of loose rounds in my pocket. Every single round ejected strongly to my 3:30-4:00. I even performed the "1911 extractor test" and passed with flying colors: 5/5 cases flew from the ejection port. The success I had in rectifying the weak, erratic ejection in this gun rejuvenated my passion for training with it. I've since put another 600 irreproachable rounds downrange this past week.

Does Glock have a big problem on their hands? You bet your ass they do. Is this erratic ejection issue in some pistols enough of a reason to jump ship and declare Glock an inferior product? Not by a long shot. It's impossible to tell but I really want to know just how many of these guns being produced are having ejection issues. Judging by what is being reported on various forums and blogs, one would be led to believe that getting a reliable late model Glock is akin to winning the Powerball. It doesn't help when someone buys one of the offending pistols, rants online about their pretty face being pelted by brass, then sells that problematic gun to some unsuspecting schmuck who in turn goes online to report constant malfunctions, and offloads it to the next guy and so on and so forth. Honestly, I'd have no problem buying a known erratic-ejecting Glock for the right price as I'm relatively confident that most of them can be remedied with some simple parts swaps; many of those not requiring the very excellent Apex extractor and sticking with inexpensive, easily obtained factory parts. I realize not everybody is willing to go through the trouble. Out of the 6 Glocks I've owned, only this most recent G19 has given me any sort of dissatisfaction. I sincerely hope Glock gets their act together and restores their good name.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Reading this thread pisses me off!
    Does Glock even acknowledge that there is a problem?
    They keep the bs up and combined with their failure to innovate and give the market what it wants, they may just find their new competition makes Glock "perfection" a thing of the past.

My wife wanted a Walther PPQ so I bought her one. It has about 1200rds of cheep ammo though it and not a single hiccup or BTF. I have always wanted a G19 g4 in FDE, but I may have to just got out and buy another PPQ reading all this bs.

WTF Glock!? Get it together!
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 09-15-13 at 15:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I am sure plenty of Glocks are having problems, when a Glock runs like it should people aren't going online and posting about it. Glock is shipping 100,000's of pistols every year. If just 5% of those guns have problems that is a massive number of pistols. Glock's response to the problem is wrong, but that doesn't mean that all Glocks have problems. I have a recently purchased Glock 17 Gen 3 that has ~500 rounds through it without any problems. Maybe in the future my Glock will start to act up and have problems, I don't know, but just because a lot of people online are reporting problems doesn't mean that all Glocks are having problems.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Let me ask this:
    For a 9mm G4 Glock has anybody installed an

Apex FRE
    Apex Extractor Spring
    Spring Load Bearing #SP01176
    Glock 30274 ejector

and had it not fix the BTF and FTE problems?
    If not then screw it, I would just get these parts and put them into a new Glock and not worry about it whether or not mine is going to have problems.
    Though, you shouldn't have to fix a gun out the box, dang it!

Page 197 of 210 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast