Page 199 of 210 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    My gen4 19 FDE is at 1,851 rounds through it, I've only cleaned it about 4 times. It's got the stock parts that came with it the 30274 ejector and the 043 recoil spring. Ejection is very consistent, between 4 & 5 o'clock, unless I'm moving the brass ends up in about a foot diameter circle. No BTF so far, nothing even close.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know what year or month/year Glock started using the MIM parts? I couldn't seem to find a definitive answer.

Also, without detail stripping, how can I tell if my gen3 19 has MIM parts?

Thanks in advance!

(My apologies if this is posted in the wrong thread)
    Last edited by PhillyGlock23; 10-07-13 at 07:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shot my FDE Gen 4 Glock 19 for the first time yesterday. It is one of the newer ones with the beavertail backstraps included. Not sure of the exact test fire date as I bought it used but unfired and the test fire packet wasn't in the case. Glock said it was imported April 25th of 2013. Has all the current parts and a dipped extractor with a 2 marked on it (if I recall).

I fired 150 rounds through it. 100 rounds of 115 grain Winchester white box first, then 50 rounds of 124 grain Remington NATO. Mags used were 3 Gen 3 G19 mags, a G17 mag, and a G17 mag with 11 coil spring and factory +2 extension. All the WWB ejected pretty much to the 330-4 o'clock. One round midway through the NATO ammo came back and hit my glasses, the rest went to the 330-4 o'clock. All minus the one that came back ejected a few feet out. I'll have to shoot more to see if that one was a fluke or not.

Either way it was a hell of a lot better than my father in laws Gen 3 made in the last few years. He was shooting with me. That thing was throwing brass forwards, back, over the gun to the left, over his head, landing in his hood, off the hat.....everywhere. it has also had a few stovepipes that I've seen before. I think I'm gonna get him an APEX FRE for Christmas along with a non LCI SLB and one of the new ejectors.
    Last edited by sparky-kb; 10-07-13 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    Yesterday, I got my wife's Glock 19 Gen 3 cured from BTF.

Top Gun in Houston installed a new ejector for $13.99 with no cost for doing so and then let me shoot 24 rounds in one of their shooting lanes (no charge for this either) to see if the new ejector would cure the problem. Justin, the armorer who did the work, stood behind me to observe the ejected round direction. Was told if the new ejector didn't cure the problem, they'd take out the new one and reinstall the old and not charge me for doing that either.

The new ejector cured the problem.

I'm very favorably impressed with the great service and the very low cost.

Was told if it'd been a G19 Gen 4 he could've done the entire thing at no charge whatsoever.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there are any newer reports on current gen 4 9mm Glocks.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'd also like to know if it is "safe" to buy another 9mm Glock.

I want another G17, but don't know whether I can buy one of the new 4th gen guns or should I seek out a nice used and older gen 3 G17.

I went though the BTF with a 3rd gen G19 and really don't want to do that again. My G19 is finally 100% (thanks mostly to Apex!) but if I can avoid this again it would be great.

From what I have read lately...Glock quietly fixed it and the recent 4th gen 9mms are fairly solid. I hope this is true because I really want a gen4 G17.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Yeah, I'd also like to know if it is "safe" to buy another 9mm Glock.
    No manufacturer appears exempt from problems these days, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 9mm glock, recent production or no.

In fact, I've had BTF issues with my older RTF G17 that I never had with my 2012 production gen 4 G17. The same goes for the other guys I shoot with who also have 2012-2013 production gen 4 G17's. Admittedly I am basing all of this on a woefully inadequate n, but outside of legitimate complaints from individuals at an armorer level in departments who see massive amounts of glocks at any given time, most people's complaints about pistols are all anecdotal at best.

Sample size of 3:

(2012) Gen 4 G17
    Roundcount: approx. 6500
    Malfs: None

(unknown) Gen 3 G17 rtf
    Roundcount: approx. 7000
    Malfs: brass to face; 4 failures to eject (all cured with Apex extractor/ejector fix)

(unknown) Gen 3 G17 rtf
    Roundcount: approx. 1500
    Malfs: None

Feedback Score
    Yeah, at least with the Glocks...there is a very good chance that a 60 dollar part and 15 minutes at the kitchen table might totally cure your ills IF they show up.

Try that with a 1911, XD or most other 9mm pistols.

I probably will go with the Gen4 G17....they seem pretty solid.

The accuracy problems and funky triggers mean I will never own a 9mm M&P and the XD is out of the question. I can buy a G17 and several mags for what I'd pay for an HK P-30 as well.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Yeah, at least with the Glocks...there is a very good chance that a 60 dollar part and 15 minutes at the kitchen table might totally cure your ills IF they show up.

Try that with a 1911, XD or most other 9mm pistols.

I probably will go with the Gen4 G17....they seem pretty solid.

The accuracy problems and funky triggers mean I will never own a 9mm M&P and the XD is out of the question. I can buy a G17 and several mags for what I'd pay for an HK P-30 as well.

-brickboy240
    If you're in the market, do consider the Walther PPQ. Relative to my needs, I have found it to be superior to my Glock in virtually every way.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have looked hard at the PPQ.

However, since I own three other Glocks and holsters for Glocks and am very used to the platform...I am of the opinion that I need to pick a platform and stick with it.

I do own 1911s and a Hi-Power but for defense and carry..I have had Glocks for decades so I am really going to try to stick with the platform.

I totally get the attractiveness of the PPQ. If I was not heavily invested in the Glocks...the PPQ would already be at my side.

-brickboy240

Page 199 of 210 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast