Page 200 of 210 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Went to the range today to test out my G19 Gen 3 with the new 30274 ejector. A couple weeks ago I went and in the first 20 rounds had two casings to the forehead with the old ejector. This time around using the same ammo type wwb and using the same mags all ejections were at the 4 o-clock. Very consistant pattern, I am hoping the 13$ fix will last. I put 100 rounds through it today and will see if there is any change at 500 rounds.
    "If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen"

-Samuel Adams, 1776

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Installed the 30274 and Apex FRE today in the Gen3 G19 and headed to the range. This pistol has an estimated 1500 rounds threw it with zero malfunctions. Its my girlfriends pistol and she was sick of getting round after round beamed into her forehead. Well, 2nd shot of the day was a stovepipe. First malfunction I've seen in this pistol. Out of nearly a hundred rounds fired today there was a half a dozen or so BTF. Is there a next step, or is this is as good as it gets for this pistol? Also with the malfunction, where do I go from there? Put the stock parts back in? I'm at a loss...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My mags have Wolff +10% springs in them and ejection with the 30274 is good to go. I shot some mags that had the stock springs in them and the ejection was erratic.

What shape are your mag springs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine are good. I have a lot of Glock mags and today I took some of my newer mags.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    My mags have Wolff +10% springs in them and ejection with the 30274 is good to go. I shot some mags that had the stock springs in them and the ejection was erratic.

What shape are your mag springs?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Installed the 30274 and Apex FRE today in the Gen3 G19 and headed to the range. This pistol has an estimated 1500 rounds threw it with zero malfunctions. Its my girlfriends pistol and she was sick of getting round after round beamed into her forehead. Well, 2nd shot of the day was a stovepipe. First malfunction I've seen in this pistol. Out of nearly a hundred rounds fired today there was a half a dozen or so BTF. Is there a next step, or is this is as good as it gets for this pistol? Also with the malfunction, where do I go from there? Put the stock parts back in? I'm at a loss...
    Did you replace your OEM spring loaded bearing with an non-LCI spring loaded bearing? Are you using low(er) cap mags?
    Pat
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    You could try just the 30274 then the just the Apex. If you look back through the old posts, people had to try different solutions to get the pistols to work. For me, the 30274 & Apex extractor solved the problem (so far - over 2000 rd).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    Did you replace your OEM spring loaded bearing with an non-LCI spring loaded bearing? Are you using low(er) cap mags?
    Pat
    Somehow I forgot all about the non- LCI spring loaded bearing. And I'm using standard capacity mags.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Apex suggests using a non-LCI spring loaded bearing in conjunction with the FRE extractor, the Apex-provided bearing spring, and a 30274 ejector. I use all of those, and have ceased having BTF issues in my Gen.3 G17.

I can't speak authoritatively on the subject, but standard cap mags have been noted by some to contribute to the problem of weak ejection, possibly because they lack the stronger spring impulse of the high capacity mags.
    Pat

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    Apex suggests using a non-LCI spring loaded bearing in conjunction with the FRE extractor, the Apex-provided bearing spring, and a 30274 ejector. I use all of those, and have ceased having BTF issues in my Gen.3 G17.

I can't speak authoritatively on the subject, but standard cap mags have been noted by some to contribute to the problem of weak ejection, possibly because they lack the stronger spring impulse of the high capacity mags.
    Pat
    By standard capacity I meant the standard 15 round mags. What high cap mags do you mean?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ah, we're actually referring to the same thing, then.
    Pat

Page 200 of 210 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast