Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    I bought a new glock gen 4 19 earlier this year manufacture date Jan 2014
    had multiple BTF got the Apex gen 4 extractor first 50 rounds brass ejecting to the right at 3 oclock then it started again BFT
    I called Apex and they had me send the Gen 4 extractor back and gave me a gen 3 extractor , since then have over 1000 rounds Knock on wood NO BTF, Its not perfect I had one or 2 hit my right shoulder and a couple high 6 oclock but not hitting me
    its good enough for me Is it perfection? no but close enough Im glad with the results.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad yours is running better. The weird part is I never had BTF until around 1100 rounds. The ejection was never really that strong but it just seemed to get worse after 1k.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad yours is running better. The weird part is I never had BTF until around 1100 rounds. The ejection was never really that strong but it just seemed to get worse after 1k.
    contact Apex and tell them, maybe you need a Gen 3 extractor like I did
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 07-14-14 at 18:27.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    contact Apex and tell them maybe you need a Gen 3 extractor like I did
    I sent them an email this morning. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    I sent them an email this morning. Thanks again.
    Dont email Call them 805.528.5250 BTW I cant guarantee you will have the same results I did Sometimes its hit or miss
    good luck
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dont email Call them 805.528.5250 BTW I cant guarantee you will have the same results I did Sometimes its hit or miss
    good luck
    Ok, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Are they pretty backed up with emails or something?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    What?
    Ignore him. He's been trolling this thread since the beginning stubbornly saying that the regular extractor with a 30274 ejector is all you need to cure this problem, which obviously isn't true since yours came with the 30274 ejector and started displaying these problems at 1100 rounds with the stock extractor.

He's a troll. Not sure what his motivation is. It's bizarre.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I kind of thought it was that guy but wasn't sure.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Fwiw:

"Had" Gen3 G17, G34, & G19 with APEX Tactical FRE Gen3 Extractor w/ APEX included spring & Non-LCI bearing, 30274 Ejector.
    - All ran 100%, positive brass ejection & pattern.

Running Gen4 G17 & G19 w/ above APEX Tactical Gen3 FRE
    - same result: 100%

Btw: I've also tried the Non-Dip/LCI extractor with various spring/bearing combos.
    APEX FRE is my go to combo in "ALL" my Glock Small Frame Platforms, even my Gen3 G26 has APEX's G26 specific extractor.

Feedback Score
    I'm planning on picking up a Glock 19 within a few weeks. I have been doing some extensive research as to go gen 3 or gen 4 route. I'm concerned about the brass to face issue (for both gen 3 and gen4) as well as the heavier gen 4 trigger. For those of you who have installed the APEX Failure Resistant Extractor (gen 3 and gen 4) are the 30274 ejector and non LCI bearing necessary for possitive ejection?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBS90 View Post
    I'm planning on picking up a Glock 19 within a few weeks. I have been doing some extensive research as to go gen 3 or gen 4 route. I'm concerned about the brass to face issue (for both gen 3 and gen4) as well as the heavier gen 4 trigger. For those of you who have installed the APEX Failure Resistant Extractor (gen 3 and gen 4) are the 30274 ejector and non LCI bearing necessary for possitive ejection?
    That's what Apex recommends however, I'd buy a Glock first and shoot the crap out of it First to see if you have btf, if not I'd leave it alone, if yes the go with apex
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast