Page 205 of 210 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I am very happy with my three gen4 guns that are in my house. Two G19's and a G26 that is the wife's EDC. I think the Gen4's are all GTG, in general. I'm sure some poor soul will still have a problem with one at some point. I personally prefer the Gen4 over the Gen3 - I think the beavertail backstrap makes the gun perfect.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    That's what Apex recommends however, I'd buy a Glock first and shoot the crap out of it First to see if you have btf, if not I'd leave it alone, if yes the go with apex
    What number of stock ejector should I be looking for in particular?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PureBS90 View Post
    What number of stock ejector should I be looking for in particular?
    The ejector should be ,30274 it's already part of the gen 4
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Do you know if the late production gen 3's had the 336 or 30274 ejector? It is my understanding that the 336 ejectors were the ones that were having issues, and the late gen 3's were actually shipped with the 30274. At a local gun shop I saw a used gen 3 G19 for sale with the 30274 ejector. I was wondering if that came from the factory equipped or the previous owner swapped ejectors.

Feedback Score
    Do you know if the late production gen 3's had the 336 or 30274 ejector? It is my understanding that the 336 ejectors were the ones that were having issues, and the late gen 3's were actually shipped with the 30274. At a local gun shop I saw a used gen 3 G19 for sale with the 30274 ejector. I was wondering if that came from the factory equipped or the previous owner swapped ejectors.
    If you read through this thread you'll find your answer the gen 3 have 336 but can be swapped out with the 30274 ejector, but the main issue is the extractor. But you need to SHOOT the gun and see if you have btf before making changes to the ejector and extractor and start adding after market parts
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    I'm planning on picking up a Glock 19 within a few weeks. I have been doing some extensive research as to go gen 3 or gen 4 route. I'm concerned about the brass to face issue (for both gen 3 and gen4) as well as the heavier gen 4 trigger. For those of you who have installed the APEX Failure Resistant Extractor (gen 3 and gen 4) are the 30274 ejector and non LCI bearing necessary for possitive ejection?
    as voiced already, buy it and shoot it! ill say ive got one troublesome g19 that a 30274 ejector paired with non lci slb fixed. i tried the non lci slb in a g17 that had zero problems before and i was plagued with ftf. i had too much extractor tension with non lci slb! i used this opportunity to swap around extractors as well. when i put the g19 extractor in the g17, i was still getting ftf. going back to an lci slb fixed the ftf!

this leads me to believe that the issue (at least with my 19) is in the slide, not the extractor.

TLDR; shoot it first and beware of too much extractor tension caused by a non lci slb!

Feedback Score
    My late Gen 3 G19 came new with the 336 ejector. Bought a Gen 4 Glock trigger housing and swapped out the 336 for the Gen 4 ejector. Added Apex's extractor and my ejection woes went away.

Most people I know that bought 9mm Glocks that were made year 2012-2014 had the 336 ejector.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Poor GLOCK....

Purchase a Gen 4. Purchase steel sights then have to purchase an Apex Extractor Ass'y kit to get it to run properly. May as well add Vickers slide stop and magazine release.

I did not try every single suggestion when the problems first manifested back in 2011. I did try older milled extractors and I did increase the force of the extractor rod spring bearing (use the .40 S&W one) and I purchased and installed the new ejector. This cured 85 percent of the issues but ejection remained erratic at best.

Stopped by Apex Tactical's booth at the NRA Convention and picked up two: they work like they always should have. Ejection is now like that of a Sig P226: aggressive and consistent.

Or purchase an H&K VP9 and be done with it...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    Double
    Last edited by zlc; 11-19-14 at 23:14.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Feedback Score
    Need some help/advice please. I have just recently relocated back from NYC so have been shooting alot more lately. My first semi auto handgun was a Gen2 G19 bought in 1997 so I feel comfortable with the platform. I am currently having problems with 2 guns.

Gen3 G19 - Approx 500 rounds. 2 Stovepipes. BTF a lot. Only aftermarket parts are Dawson sights. Ammo is Rem 115, CCI Blazer 124 and Magtech 115. I intended to break this in and use as a CCW. Serial SLUXXX.

Gen3 RTF G17 - Approx 800 rounds. BTF. Only aftermarket parts are Warren sights. Same ammo. Ran this gun through a carbine/pistol class last January and didn't notice a lot of BTF, but probably only put 300-400 rounds through it. Over the last couple of hundred rounds, I have started to notice more BTF. Serial NUWXXX.

All mags are newer/factory.

I live in in ATL now, should I just take the guns to Glock or should I replace with Apex extractors?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by zlc; 11-19-14 at 22:21.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Page 205 of 210 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 ... LastLast