Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Had the same issues with a Gen3 G19 NIB (circa 2011). What cured it for me? Apex Gen3 extractor , NON-LCI plunger/spring assembly, and last BUT NOT least, the 30274 ejector. You can purchase the Gen4 Trigger housing ($8.50) which has the 30274 ejector, remove the ejector from the housing and replace the 336 ejector in the Gen3 housing, it should slide right in without having to totally remove the Gen 3 housing. (if that's what your Gen 3's have). The NON-LCI plunger/spring assemblies will run about the same ($5-7), and the Apex extractors. This resulted in extremely strong 4-4:30 ejection , with no stovepipes, btf , etc. through 2300 rounds now.
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    zlc - did you purchase these pistols new or used?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    zlc - did you purchase these pistols new or used?
    both of these were purchased new...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilant2 View Post
    Had the same issues with a Gen3 G19 NIB (circa 2011). What cured it for me? Apex Gen3 extractor , NON-LCI plunger/spring assembly, and last BUT NOT least, the 30274 ejector. You can purchase the Gen4 Trigger housing ($8.50) which has the 30274 ejector, remove the ejector from the housing and replace the 336 ejector in the Gen3 housing, it should slide right in without having to totally remove the Gen 3 housing. (if that's what your Gen 3's have). The NON-LCI plunger/spring assemblies will run about the same ($5-7), and the Apex extractors. This resulted in extremely strong 4-4:30 ejection , with no stovepipes, btf , etc. through 2300 rounds now.
    Thanks, I wonder if Glock would provide the factory parts if I just drove up there. I am not far from them. My other minor problem is that I am no gunsmith and the extent of my work on my pistols have been buying a MGW tool and replacing my own sights.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If I were that close, I'd just pack up the pistols and make a road trip to Glock. If the issues are still there after they get done with the guns, then I might start swapping out the parts.

The main hassle most people have with using the Glock customer service is shipping the guns to and from, and who is going to pay for this. For you, this is a non-issue, so you might as well take advantage of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    If I were that close, I'd just pack up the pistols and make a road trip to Glock. If the issues are still there after they get done with the guns, then I might start swapping out the parts.

The main hassle most people have with using the Glock customer service is shipping the guns to and from, and who is going to pay for this. For you, this is a non-issue, so you might as well take advantage of it.
    Was sort of my thinking, its a 20 min drive no traffic from my office. I will report back.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I had a Gen3 G17 that I picked up used with an unknown round count.

I shot it and it was good, but every time I went to the range I would get 1 or 2 rounds BTF. I would usually shoot about 250-300 per session. None of my other Glocks did this.

I changed all the springs out in the pistol w/ Glock parts and swapped in Wolf +10% springs on all the mags. Still the same thing.

I swapped in the 30274 ejector and that fixed it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you like the glock platform and want to carry this gun, put in the 30274 ejector and the Apex Fre and you will be all set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I had a Gen3 G17 that I picked up used with an unknown round count.

I shot it and it was good, but every time I went to the range I would get 1 or 2 rounds BTF. I would usually shoot about 250-300 per session. None of my other Glocks did this.

I changed all the springs out in the pistol w/ Glock parts and swapped in Wolf +10% springs on all the mags. Still the same thing.

I swapped in the 30274 ejector and that fixed it.
    Cool, thanks. I will make a note and ask when I am there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zlc View Post
    Need some help/advice please. I have just recently relocated back from NYC so have been shooting alot more lately. My first semi auto handgun was a Gen2 G19 bought in 1997 so I feel comfortable with the platform. I am currently having problems with 2 guns.

Gen3 G19 - Approx 500 rounds. 2 Stovepipes. BTF a lot. Only aftermarket parts are Dawson sights. Ammo is Rem 115, CCI Blazer 124 and Magtech 115. I intended to break this in and use as a CCW. Serial SLUXXX.

Gen3 RTF G17 - Approx 800 rounds. BTF. Only aftermarket parts are Warren sights. Same ammo. Ran this gun through a carbine/pistol class last January and didn't notice a lot of BTF, but probably only put 300-400 rounds through it. Over the last couple of hundred rounds, I have started to notice more BTF. Serial NUWXXX.

All mags are newer/factory.

I live in in ATL now, should I just take the guns to Glock or should I replace with Apex extractors?

Thanks in advance.
    Update

I drove out to Glock yesterday afternoon. I couldn't have had a better experience.

I arrived at 3pm and was stopped at the guard gate and asked why I was there. The guards asked me to bring my pistols into the guard house and to leave all live ammo in my vehicle. They took down the serial numbers and models, and zip tied the guns locked open. They instructed me where to go and I was met by 2 guys from Glock. One was apparently in charge of the gunshop and the other was a gunsmith. I explained what was going on with the G17 and G19 and he said he would personally oversee the work done to these guns. I also decided to bring an older police trade in Gen3 G17 and my Gen3 21SF that had recently started dribbling out spent casings. I had also heard to take any older mags (10 rounders) as they might swap them for latest high caps. They took the mags and then asked if I wanted anything else done to the pistols?? I have aftermarket sights on all of them but hadn't gotten around to installing extended slide or mag releases. They said they could do both if I wanted, so told them to go ahead.

After about 80 minutes, the head guy came out with 2 gunsmiths. The head guy said they test fired both of the problematic Gen3s and agreed they were both throwing BTF. He told me that he changed out the several parts on the G17 and G19 to include the Gen4 30274 extractor among other things. He said he retested the guns and they seemed to be running fine. He installed extended mag and slide releases on the guns.

They said they found something that was causing the Gen3 G21 to have extraction issues, fixed it and also replaced the recoil spring. I wasn't familiar with the part that they fixed, but he said often the cause was a hot round. Also installed the extended mag/slide release.

They basically rebuilt the internals on the older police trade in G17, gunsmith said he replaced almost every critical part and anything that looked worn. Installed extended mag release (gun already had extended slide release).

They swapped out about 10 old mags.

I asked them if they took Credit Cards or Cash, they smiled and said this is what they do, and to come back anytime I experienced any issues.

I hit the range last night to assess and the problems were gone.

Kudos to Glock's customer service, really professional guys.

Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast