Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Glad to hear all your problems were fixed.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zlc View Post
    Update

I drove out to Glock yesterday afternoon. I couldn't have had a better experience.

I arrived at 3pm and was stopped at the guard gate and asked why I was there. The guards asked me to bring my pistols into the guard house and to leave all live ammo in my vehicle. They took down the serial numbers and models, and zip tied the guns locked open. They instructed me where to go and I was met by 2 guys from Glock. One was apparently in charge of the gunshop and the other was a gunsmith. I explained what was going on with the G17 and G19 and he said he would personally oversee the work done to these guns. I also decided to bring an older police trade in Gen3 G17 and my Gen3 21SF that had recently started dribbling out spent casings. I had also heard to take any older mags (10 rounders) as they might swap them for latest high caps. They took the mags and then asked if I wanted anything else done to the pistols?? I have aftermarket sights on all of them but hadn't gotten around to installing extended slide or mag releases. They said they could do both if I wanted, so told them to go ahead.

After about 80 minutes, the head guy came out with 2 gunsmiths. The head guy said they test fired both of the problematic Gen3s and agreed they were both throwing BTF. He told me that he changed out the several parts on the G17 and G19 to include the Gen4 30274 extractor among other things. He said he retested the guns and they seemed to be running fine. He installed extended mag and slide releases on the guns.

They said they found something that was causing the Gen3 G21 to have extraction issues, fixed it and also replaced the recoil spring. I wasn't familiar with the part that they fixed, but he said often the cause was a hot round. Also installed the extended mag/slide release.

They basically rebuilt the internals on the older police trade in G17, gunsmith said he replaced almost every critical part and anything that looked worn. Installed extended mag release (gun already had extended slide release).

They swapped out about 10 old mags.

I asked them if they took Credit Cards or Cash, they smiled and said this is what they do, and to come back anytime I experienced any issues.

I hit the range last night to assess and the problems were gone.

Kudos to Glock's customer service, really professional guys.
    Thanks for sharing that.

You usually only hear about the problems with a company and never when a company does the right thing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome response from Glock!!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Update

I drove out to Glock yesterday afternoon. I couldn't have had a better experience.

I arrived at 3pm and was stopped at the guard gate and asked why I was there. The guards asked me to bring my pistols into the guard house and to leave all live ammo in my vehicle. They took down the serial numbers and models, and zip tied the guns locked open. They instructed me where to go and I was met by 2 guys from Glock. One was apparently in charge of the gunshop and the other was a gunsmith. I explained what was going on with the G17 and G19 and he said he would personally oversee the work done to these guns. I also decided to bring an older police trade in Gen3 G17 and my Gen3 21SF that had recently started dribbling out spent casings. I had also heard to take any older mags (10 rounders) as they might swap them for latest high caps. They took the mags and then asked if I wanted anything else done to the pistols?? I have aftermarket sights on all of them but hadn't gotten around to installing extended slide or mag releases. They said they could do both if I wanted, so told them to go ahead.

After about 80 minutes, the head guy came out with 2 gunsmiths. The head guy said they test fired both of the problematic Gen3s and agreed they were both throwing BTF. He told me that he changed out the several parts on the G17 and G19 to include the Gen4 30274 extractor among other things. He said he retested the guns and they seemed to be running fine. He installed extended mag and slide releases on the guns.

They said they found something that was causing the Gen3 G21 to have extraction issues, fixed it and also replaced the recoil spring. I wasn't familiar with the part that they fixed, but he said often the cause was a hot round. Also installed the extended mag/slide release.

They basically rebuilt the internals on the older police trade in G17, gunsmith said he replaced almost every critical part and anything that looked worn. Installed extended mag release (gun already had extended slide release).

I asked them if they took Credit Cards or Cash, they smiled and said this is what they do, and to come back anytime I experienced any issues.

I hit the range last night to assess and the problems were gone.

That's really impressive.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Update

......................... I had also heard to take any older mags (10 rounders) as they might swap them for latest high caps. They took the mags and then asked if I wanted anything else done to the pistols?? .............

Just a quick thought, if I may?

If you have some older 10-round magazines, it's often worthwhile to sell them to a fellow shooter who just happens to be trapped behind the Granola Curtain in California, or some other state. They can often be very useful to those folks, and may command a premium. With that money, you could probably do even better than a one to one swap.

Not administering any kind of beatdown, just offering a suggestion.

I am glad to hear that you had such a good experience, and good luck with your pistol. I'm definitely a fan of reconditioned police trade-in Glocks. I just picked up a Gen2 G17 yesterday myself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just picked up a LAV G19 FDE RTF2 GEN3. Noticed it had the older 336 ejector and wondered if I'd have BTF issues and I was right. It zinged them in my face over my left shoulder, just plain everywhere. I've checked online, looks like GLOCK is the only place I'm going to be able to get a 30274 ejector from. I hope they just send me a new housing and not want the pistol back.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 11-27-14 at 01:49.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lone Wolf has them in stock at this very moment, I received one from them last week for a new Lucas tactical complete OEM Gen3 slide I had purchased the week before, $ 8.48.

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail....123268&CAT=200
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You don't need the whole housing. They sell it in the housing but you pull the 4th Gen ejector out of its housing and stick it in the 3rd Gen that's in your gun. If GLOCK won't sell it to you buy it from Glockmeister.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Just picked up a LAV G19 FDE RTF2 GEN3. Noticed it had the older 336 ejector and wondered if I'd have BTF issues and I was right. It zinged them in my face over my left shoulder, just plain everywhere. I've checked online, looks like GLOCK is the only place I'm going to be able to get a 30274 ejector from. I hope they just send me a new housing and not want the pistol back.
    http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=123022&CAT=748 is what you are looking for. Just take the 336 ejector out of the old housing and replace with the 30274 as housings are not interchangeable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys, didn't think about just pulling it. I've never pulled an ejector before. What direction does it come out? Up or forward?
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Page 207 of 210 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast