Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I've got a Gen 3 G34 that's been getting stovepipes with 115gt Prvi, about 1 every 40 rounds. I replaced the ejector with an old OEM and it still hasn't solved the issue. Could this be an ejector issue?
    All my gen3 9's get gen 4 ejectors (part 30274) and a non spring loaded bearing mated to the LCI extractor. I have only had 1 instance of 4 where the non LCI slb was providing too much extractor tension and it was an aftermarket slide. If you get failure to fully return to battery after the slb mod, either sand it down a bit or go back to the LCI slb.

To clarify, 30724 ejector is mandatory. Extractor spring tension mods are optional, but I strongly suggest experimenting as it has worked well for me.

Sorry I do not have a part number, but midway or glockparts will have what you need.

I'm sure this is preaching to the choir, but if it has a high or unknown round count I'd replace recoil spring, extractor spring, trigger spring, and striker spring. Then she should be better than new!

Also, magazine plays a crucial role in glock ejection process. If you're still having trouble after all these suggestions, try a new mag.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    All my gen3 9's get gen 4 ejectors (part 30274) and a non spring loaded bearing mated to the LCI extractor. I have only had 1 instance of 4 where the non LCI slb was providing too much extractor tension and it was an aftermarket slide. If you get failure to fully return to battery after the slb mod, either sand it down a bit or go back to the LCI slb.

To clarify, 30724 ejector is mandatory. Extractor spring tension mods are optional, but I strongly suggest experimenting as it has worked well for me.

Sorry I do not have a part number, but midway or glockparts will have what you need.

I'm sure this is preaching to the choir, but if it has a high or unknown round count I'd replace recoil spring, extractor spring, trigger spring, and striker spring. Then she should be better than new!

Also, magazine plays a crucial role in glock ejection process. If you're still having trouble after all these suggestions, try a new mag.
    Thanks for the info- this is a problem with multiple mags so that can be dismissed, but I'll try the 30724 ejector.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    Recoil Spring Assembly (RSA): Keep a rough round count, although the 9mm Glocks typically go beyond the 3,000 round recommendation for Gen3 guns; keep a spare on-hand anyway; learn Glock's RSA test to help decide if replacement is due; putting in the new one is also a good test by substitution.

Extractor: Examine your extractors for any damages/chips; ensure the reassembly is correct with the extractor-depressor-plunger in the correct direction.

Ejector: Have a photo or another 9mm Glock to compare your 336 (or possibly 30274 gen4) ejector. I've never seen a damaged Glock ejector, however.

Ammo: Try other known good ammo which has previously worked in your Glock. Some brands could be weaker or you may have a batch which is sub-par.

Shooter: Have another in which to determine if you, the shooter, is not inducing any bad habits to rule you out vs. your G34gen3.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I've got a Gen 3 G34 that's been getting stovepipes with 115gt Prvi, about 1 every 40 rounds. I replaced the ejector with an old OEM and it still hasn't solved the issue. Could this be an ejector issue?
    Need a lot more details. What parts are aftermarket? New gun or old gun? Just started or has been doing this since the beginning? Just the Prvi ammo or does it with all ammo?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Need a lot more details. What parts are aftermarket? New gun or old gun? Just started or has been doing this since the beginning? Just the Prvi ammo or does it with all ammo?
    Newish Blue Label Gen 3 G34 (a little over a year old, I just started shooting it again), but now I only have 115gr Prvi. Only aftermarket parts are Vickers slide stop and mag release. It came with the standard trigger.

IIRC the problem might have started with 124 Aguila and just gotten worse over time.
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All three of my 9mm Glocks (gen3 19, gen3 19 LAV, gen4 17) shoot brass at my face. I've tried the apex parts, and everything they've told me to do and nothing has helped any of them. I think my only option at this point is to cut my losses and switch to VP9s or M&Ps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    All three of my 9mm Glocks (gen3 19, gen3 19 LAV, gen4 17) shoot brass at my face. I've tried the apex parts, and everything they've told me to do and nothing has helped any of them. I think my only option at this point is to cut my losses and switch to VP9s or M&Ps.
    I've been in your shoes, unfortunately - having had five, count 'em, FIVE G19s (a mix of 3rd Gen and Gen4) that were unreliable and BTF machines. The last four were factory replacements - so, yes, GLOCK sent me replacement guns that were as bad as the guns they were replacing (or worse).

I'm firmly convinced that some GLOCKs are just haunted, and can't be made reliable.

Having said that, I made the switch from Glock to a number of other options, HK for a while, M&P, Sig. What's on my hip right now? A newer Gen4 G19. Nothing else matches the combination of size efficiency, ease of shooting, and ability to customize that the Glock platform does.

YMMV, but, be aware there's no free lunch in handguns. I'd go with the VP9 or P320 if I were jumping ship today - still don't trust that S&W has the accuracy bugs worked out of their M&Ps...

Feedback Score
    Sad to say I might be getting rid of all but one of my glocks I have 2 gen 3 17 one being an RTF2 two glock 19s one being a gen 2 and a gen4. And the sad thing is the gen 4 with apex is the only one that doesn't give me btf ! You'd think the gen2 would be the best it's actually the worst. So I'm down to one glock 19 gen4 apex that has almost 5000 rds no btf and is my edc. I'll probably carry in the summer and warmer weather, and my vp9 in the cooler days and winter. I may get another vp9 too I just wish the magazines were more abundant
    Last edited by Phillygunguy; 05-09-15 at 17:50.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone had issues with BTF with gen4 G26's? Or is it all G17's and G19's?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Has anyone had issues with BTF with gen4 G26's? Or is it all G17's and G19's?
    I haven't had any BTF with my Gen 4 26 or my 2 Gen 4 19's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 209 of 210 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210 LastLast