Page 21 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    So, would it be best to wait for the LWD 9mm extractor to come off back order (been months now) or go with the OEM .40 extractor? If the latter, would it function with the 9mm Whitesound assembly?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    FWIW, the LWD 9mm extractor made mine worse. I just received the new ejector and a new OEM extractor. Waiting to install and see if this remedies it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I highly recommend just requesting an exchange for the new Gen 4's, for those of you still having issues. I couldn't be happier that I went that route, my Gen 4 with all updated internals runs flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    So, would it be best to wait for the LWD 9mm extractor to come off back order (been months now) or go with the OEM .40 extractor? If the latter, would it function with the 9mm Whitesound assembly?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejg View Post
    FWIW, the LWD 9mm extractor made mine worse. I just received the new ejector and a new OEM extractor. Waiting to install and see if this remedies it.
    from arfcom:

You will very likely find that the LWD 9mm extractor will make your ejection worse than it is now. When LoneWolf first started selling their extractors, many 9mm Glock owners had success fixing their ejection with LWD extractors. Well there's a good reason for that, LoneWolf had their extractors mixed up. People who ordered 9mm extractors actually received .40 extractors and vice versa. So the 9mm Glock owners who had erratic ejection which was fixed by LWD extractors were actually using .40 extractors. Since then, LoneWolf has corrected this mix-up and everyone who's tried an actual 9mm LWD extractor in their 9mm Glock has seen the ejection become worse.

LWD-brand extractors marked "3" are for 9mm. Extractors marked "4" are for .40.

The erratic ejection problem is caused because the extractor is not firmly holding the rim of the spent casing to the breech face, allowing the casing to drop lower in the gun before the ejector hits it. The case mouth of the spent casing then impacts the slide just below the ejection port opening and the casing loses most of its energy at that point. The .40 extractors have a thicker claw and therefore leave less of a gap between the breech face and claw of the extractor. The .40 extractors also have a 5 degree tilt to the claw which raises the case mouth of the spent casing before it starts pivoting right.

You could try a .40 extractor in your 9mm Glock, many people have put Glock-made .40 extractors in their 9mm Glocks and it fixed their ejection problems.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by plltxusa; 03-25-12 at 07:25.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    I highly recommend just requesting an exchange for the new Gen 4's, for those of you still having issues. I couldn't be happier that I went that route, my Gen 4 with all updated internals runs flawlessly.
    And the replacement Gen4 G19 they sent me last month was a COMPLETE dog - multiple failures, completely erratic ejection, etc. Ditto the two recent production 3rd Gen G19s they pulled to replace it - neither would go 200 rounds with NATO ball without failures or erratic ejection.

This issue is FAR from resolved, despite what Glock would like us to believe. I've had senior warranty and technical support folks at Glock tell me they have no idea why some of their 9mms work and others don't. All they're doing at this point is swapping parts and hoping that will fix the problem, if it doesn't, they start over with a new pistol.

If you got a good one, hold onto it like gold, and let us know how it's still running when you get a couple thousand rounds through it. My 3rd Gen didn't start acting up until about the 3K mark, at which point it went from a sewing machine to a reliability and extraction/ejection nightmare.

Regards,

Kevin
    Last edited by Psalms144.1; 01-29-12 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Cosmo...so .40 LWD or .40 OEM extractor?

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Just went outside and fired a handful of Speer Gold Dot +P that I had laying around and it seemed to eject fine, compared to the junk Fiocchi I tried yesterday. I'll update after the .40 OEM extractor comes in.

I also have 1k of Winchester Q4318 on the way...I'll pick up some WWB to test as well...
    Last edited by MrSmitty; 01-29-12 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Girl getting pegged in face by brass with Glock Gen 3 19. Watch at around the 3 second mark, she takes one to the forehead. She then gets a few close ones breeze by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzmC6Wxu1tM
    Last edited by TacMedic556; 01-29-12 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Thanks Cosmo...so .40 LWD or .40 OEM extractor?
    either of them should work fine.

Since LWD didn't have any of their .40 extractors in stock, i just ordered the stock OEM .40 extractor

Page 21 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast