Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210
Results 2,091 to 2,099 of 2099

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Has anyone had issues with BTF with gen4 G26's? Or is it all G17's and G19's?
    No problems with my G26gen4; G17gen4, G19gen3.

I had a BTF problem with my July 2009 G17gen3.
    The 30274 ejector fixed that problem.
    Wanting even better ejection, I tried the Apex Gen3 ejector which caused a horizontal-stovepipe-failure-to-eject-double-feed (short acronym, "HSDF") problem.
    Using various combinations of spring-loaded-bearings and the Apex or Glock EDP springs, the extractor would still intermittently pull the spent casing above the ejector causing this problem.
    As the casing was firmly held horizontally by the extractor, the slide would then attempt to close, but couldn't.
    Meanwhile, the next round was partially stripped from the magazine (the double-feed).

Just for yucks, I tried the Apex extractor, again with the various combinations of EDP springs and SLBs, with the same result, the intermittent HSDF. Calling Apex, they said they could probably make it work if I sent the slides to them.
    I didn't want my slides cut upon and decided to live with, now, a very few BTF strikes and cut my losses with that extractor and SLB (~$70+ delivered with shipping and CA sales tax).
    Lastly, I did cut off that little Apex Gen3 extractor "nubbin", hoping that would remedy the problem, but the HSDF persisted.

What I was hoping for was for my 9mm Glocks to eject as well as my .40 Glocks.
    One great thing about .40 Glocks are their ability to eject spent casings
    Last edited by L-2; 05-12-15 at 11:23.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Free Agent View Post
    Has anyone had issues with BTF with gen4 G26's? Or is it all G17's and G19's?
    My gen 4 g26 got the new ejector and a lone wolf machined from bar stock extractor and no issues whatsoever. It's since been traded and is working great with no BTF for him. Total round count is approaching 4k.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    No problems with my G26gen4; G17gen4, G19gen3.

I had a BTF problem with my July 2009 G17gen3.
    The 30274 ejector fixed that problem.
    Wanting even better ejection, I tried the Apex Gen3 ejector which caused a horizontal-stovepipe-failure-to-eject-double-feed (short acronym, "HSDF") problem.
    Using various combinations of spring-loaded-bearings and the Apex or Glock EDP springs, the extractor would still intermittently pull the spent casing above the ejector causing this problem.
    As the casing was firmly held horizontally by the extractor, the slide would then attempt to close, but couldn't.
    Meanwhile, the next round was partially stripped from the magazine (the double-feed).

Just for yucks, I tried the Apex extractor, again with the various combinations of EDP springs and SLBs, with the same result, the intermittent HSDF. Calling Apex, they said they could probably make it work if I sent the slides to them.
    I didn't want my slides cut upon and decided to live with, now, a very few BTF strikes and cut my losses with that extractor and SLB (~$70+ delivered with shipping and CA sales tax).
    Lastly, I did cut off that little Apex Gen3 extractor "nubbin", hoping that would remedy the problem, but the HSDF persisted.

What I was hoping for was for my 9mm Glocks to eject as well as my .40 Glocks.
    One great thing about .40 Glocks are their ability to eject spent casings
    That's just a failure to eject in the form of a horizontal stovepipe. Not a double feed at all.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by L-2; 05-12-15 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by samuse View Post
    That's just a failure to eject in the form of a horizontal stovepipe. Not a double feed at all.
    ..Ok..

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    ..Ok..
    I'm Not trying to nitpick you at all, FTEj is commonly called a double feed, but it's an entirely different malfunction.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried using a 40 cal. ie glock 22 extractor in a 9mm 17 or 19? I read on another forum that seems to have helped. I bought an old one a 90 degree and swapped it with a g19 gen 2. put 100 rounds seems to have helped not holding my breath I'll continue to shoot it but wanted to know if it's safe as it protrudes slightly when loaded.
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    Has anyone tried using a 40 cal. ie glock 22 extractor in a 9mm 17 or 19? I read on another forum that seems to have helped. I bought an old one a 90 degree and swapped it with a g19 gen 2. put 100 rounds seems to have helped not holding my breath I'll continue to shoot it but wanted to know if it's safe as it protrudes slightly when loaded.

The 40 extractor will cause the slide to fail to return fully in battery, will not function reliably.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    The 40 extractor will cause the slide to fail to return fully in battery, will not function reliably.
    It hasn't been a problem
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Page 210 of 210 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210