Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    So far from what I have read and heard all 9mm's still have ejector 336. It sounds like the problem with the ejectors stems from the Gen 4 frame, slide and recoil spring. The Gen 3's seem to be "cured" from any ills as soon as the extractor is replaced. The ejectors on the Gen 3's are the same as they have always been, if I am not mistaken. The NEWEST Gen 3's I have seen lately, have all had 336 ejectors.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Correct on the 336 ejectors.No reason to change it on the Gen 3's. If Glock does it,it will be another "screw the pooch" move on their part.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic556 View Post
    So far from what I have read and heard all 9mm's still have ejector 336. It sounds like the problem with the ejectors stems from the Gen 4 frame, slide and recoil spring. The Gen 3's seem to be "cured" from any ills as soon as the extractor is replaced.
    Let's hope this is the case. The problem is, in my case at least, my 3rd Gen G19 has had the extractor replaced twice by the factory and once by me - without solving the issues of ejecting into my face.

On its way back from the factory with the FOURTH extractor in place - hopefully this will clear it up finally...

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My friend's Gen3 G19 and my own Gen3 G17 have the 336 ejector. (Both purchased this year within the last 5 months.) I am currently waiting for LWD to ship their extractor to me. Hopefully this remedies all the casings to the dome.

I have noticed that with weaker ammo sch as PMC, the casings simply just drop out of the ejection port. I assume this has to do with weak ammo.
    Last edited by Bowser; 11-20-11 at 18:11.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone got a line on a source for the "older new style" non-LCI 15 degree extractors? My Glock 17 pings me in the face with brass pretty regularly. It is a Gen 3 gun, manufactured in 2006, with an LCI extractor. My other Glocks (a Gen 2.5 G26 and a Gen 3 G19) do not do this. The G26 in particular has been dead solid (it has a non-LCI extractor). Still, I was inclined to think that the problem must have been with me rather than the Glock 17 in all its Perfection.

Finally, after reading here and elsewhere, and after receiving a nice crescent shaped burn next to my right eye, I resolved to do 2 things. 1: to find some better fitting eye protection, and 2: to try and isolate the cause of my extraction issues. The other day, I took both the G17 and G26 to the range and fired a couple dozen rounds through each. True to form, the G26 extracted consistently to my 4 o'clock while the G17 sent case after case bouncing off my hat.

I swapped extractors between the two guns, and lo and behold, the G17 started extracting perfectly with the G26's non-LCI extractor. The G26 with the G17's LCI extractor didn't ping me in the face, but a few cases did bounce off my right arm.

So it seems that a new extractor is in order. I am inclined to try and hunt down another non-LCI extractor if I can find one, though the Lone Wolf seems to be a viable option. Anyone know of a source that has either in stock?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    Anyone got a line on a source for the "older new style" non-LCI 15 degree extractors? My Glock 17 pings me in the face with brass pretty regularly. It is a Gen 3 gun, manufactured in 2006, with an LCI extractor. My other Glocks (a Gen 2.5 G26 and a Gen 3 G19) do not do this. The G26 in particular has been dead solid (it has a non-LCI extractor). Still, I was inclined to think that the problem must have been with me rather than the Glock 17 in all its Perfection.

Finally, after reading here and elsewhere, and after receiving a nice crescent shaped burn next to my right eye, I resolved to do 2 things. 1: to find some better fitting eye protection, and 2: to try and isolate the cause of my extraction issues. The other day, I took both the G17 and G26 to the range and fired a couple dozen rounds through each. True to form, the G26 extracted consistently to my 4 o'clock while the G17 sent case after case bouncing off my hat.

I swapped extractors between the two guns, and lo and behold, the G17 started extracting perfectly with the G26's non-LCI extractor. The G26 with the G17's LCI extractor didn't ping me in the face, but a few cases did bounce off my right arm.

So it seems that a new extractor is in order. I am inclined to try and hunt down another non-LCI extractor if I can find one, though the Lone Wolf seems to be a viable option. Anyone know of a source that has either in stock?
    Either one of these work?

http://www.glockmeister.com/G17-Extr...oductinfo/G98/

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...al%3Dextractor
    Last edited by HD1911; 11-21-11 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    So is this extractor problem just related to the 9mm's or does it also apply to the other calibers?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Spring Loaded Bearing 9mm

just remember when you switch from LCI to non LCI, I believe you need to switch Spring Loaded Bearings. The LCI 9mm takes the longer black one.

Feedback Score
    O.K. here's my late model GEN3 G19 story. I bought a GEN3 G19 to avoid the problems I was seeing my friends at the range have with the GEN4 G19's they had purchased. My gun ran well for a few hundred rounds and started throwing brass to the left, forward, at my head, at my safety glasses, over my left and right shoulders. dribble out onto my hands and so on. Here are the things I tried to do to rsolve it myself.
    1. 3 different ectractors. Two Glock OEM's and a Lone Wolff extractor. Tried polishing the original because it would not hardly come out of the slide. No deal. The two that replaced the originals just made things worse.
    2. Shot every kind of ammo through it from WWB to Winchester Ranger 127gr. +P+. And I mean a bit of everything. Some came out more forcefully than others but still was erratic. Just with more gusto.
    3. 3 different recoil assemblies of different spring weights.
    4. HRED extractor plunger set up.
    5. Since I've been shooting for 42 years it is not limpwristing. But just in case had others shoot it with the same results.
    6. Sent it back to Glock. They replaced every part in the frame and put in an old style extractor. It worked until this weekend where somewhere around 600-650 rounds it started throwing brass back at my head and safety glasses. To the left, forward, again you've got the idea.
    7. It's on it's way back to Glock again. If they don't fix or replace it with something that works it's gone. Have a buddy who's GEN4 G19 is back for the second time. With all the "updates" including the new ejector it still isn't working. Another friends GEN4 G19 went in once and got the "upgrades" and it's perking right along. Some work out of the box, some don't. Some GEN3's are fixed with new extractors, some aren't. Some work for awhile before problems show up. Others right out of the box. Their doesn't seem to be one fix that works for every gun GEN3 or GEN4. One thing is for certain. Glock would not be going through 4-5 RSA redesigns, extractor changes, ejector changes, shipping costs and so on for problems that didn't exist. And the new model ejector does fit in the GEN3's trigger housing and has solved ejection problems for some GEN3's. The GEN4 is supposd to have a different trigger housing but the new ejector works in GEN3's. Why none for GEN3's and the ejectors can only be changed by Glock at Smyrna. Not even Glock trained and certified gunsmiths? Strange???????

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Interesting thread, OP. Luckily my Gen3 with Gen4 extractor stopped tripped over its dick around round 250 or so. Hotter ammo helped with that.

0-100...6 stovepipes with 115gr and lots of casings to the forehead
    101-500...mostly 124gr RUAG yielded 0 issues
    500-1,050...back to 115gr with no issues

On the flipside, the wife's Gen4 26 has been issue-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Limp wristing is a bullshit excuse perpetuated by 1911 owners to mask inaedquacies in their weapons. Most of the people in the thread TacMedic linked to are graduates of the Vickers Advanced Tactical Pistol class. They were NOT limp wristing.
    spot on
    Last edited by munch520; 11-22-11 at 07:21.

Page 4 of 210 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast