Page 48 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I tried this with my new Gen 4 that has had no issues with ejection. I used 115 grain American Eagle and it would not eject. The brass would fall through the mag well. I then tried it with Remington 115gr. UMC and it would eject, but the brass went in all different dirrections. I fired 10 rounds of each ammo and and the results were the same.

American Eagle is definitely loaded hotter than UMC so maybe that had something to do with it.
    The following video was posted by Magsz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqrcg...5&feature=plcp

Check out post 452 & 453 on page 23.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92133&page=23

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Placed the following in the 1st hand report of Gen 4 9mm, meant to post in the ejection|extractor issues.

So here it is:

For those of you with Gen 4's 17 & or 19 ejection issues, please try this test and post your results:

1. insert magazine with round
    2. tap & rack
    3. remove magazine
    4. fire off the chambered round.

Did your round eject or just hang up?

My Gen 4 G17 (May 2010) with 30274 ejector when performing the above test, will not eject the spent round.

Normal.

C4

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    As of yesterday, I'm at 1056 malfunction free rounds through my Gen 3 19 with the .40 extractor.

I've installed some Wolff extra power spring in a few of my mags and have shot the hell out of them, downloaded to five rounds, but I'm not sure if I can tell much of a difference when compared to the factory mag springs.

One thing I have noticed is that ejection starts to change (more brass at my shoulder and over my head) when the pistol heats up. If I let it cool down, it ejects consistently at around 4 o'clock again.

Feedback Score
    Gen 4 G19
    6-28-11
    Ser: PRA
    RSA: 0 2 4
    Extractor: "dip" type with a 2 on the cylindrical bit.
    Ejector: 336
    all new mags with followers marked "6"

gun has never been cleaned, only lubed before each range day.

*all 115gr fmj unless otherwise stated.

100 rounds of blazer: no malfunctions, vast majority of brass 3:30-4:30, no facials, a couple wild ones to the 6 or 9 o clock.

250 rounds federal champion: same

today:
    200 tulammo steel case 115: no malfunctions, vast majority of brass 4:00-4:30ish, no facials, maybe a couple trickled out but i dont recall any to the 6 or 9.

200 WWB 115: no malfunctions, majority of brass 3:30-4:30, 1 facial, noticeably more ejecting back at me, my shoulder, to the left but i didnt notice any trickling out.

100 Remington umc 115 jhp: much more authoritative load. no malfunctions, majority of brass 3:30-4:30, zero facials, only a couple erratic ones, but i didnt notice any trickling out.

quite a few brass marks on the top right corner of the ejection port from the breach faces perspective.

850 rounds total on the gun, zero malfunctions.
    Last edited by Gunny Highway; 04-01-12 at 18:26. Reason: addition info and refinement
    Heaven won’t take me, Hell knows ill take over.

Feedback Score
    I don't understand how you guys can go to the range and only shoot 200!

My gen3 G19 test fire date 11/11/11 ran perfect 3 o'clock ejection until I went to get past 4K rounds. Had my first classic stove pipe, must have been like 3600 or so. This was with umc.

Had not cleaned it though, just a little grease. When i took it apart there was not a serious gunk problem in the fp channel or where the extractor lives.

Extracter stamped 4, fits loosely, showing serious wear. 336 ejector

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post

My gen3 G19 test fire date 11/11/11 ran perfect 3 o'clock ejection until I went to get past 4K rounds. Had my first classic stove pipe, must have been like 3600 or so. This was with umc.

Had not cleaned it though, just a little grease. When i took it apart there was not a serious gunk problem in the fp channel or where the extractor lives.

Sounds good. At this round count you may want to examine replacing the recoil spring, and extractor spring. I wish I could recall the replacement schedule as far as round count for Glock springs.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post

My latest Glock 19 has the same 11/11/11 test fire date as yours, and so far I have only had one shooter induced stovepipe. The shooter was trying my Glock for the first time and had a very poor grip.

Aside from the one stovepipe, my brother and I put 499 trouble free rounds thru the gun so far. We will see how it does down the road.

Feedback Score
    Roger that tacmedic, i was going to swap rsa at 4k. I want to try the hred extracter spring anyways!

Guinessdude-- id be sketched by that stovepipe so early. Try to reproduce the problem by barely holding on to the gun. I bet you cant get it to malf again!

You ask me, the things gotta shoot upside down and under water. It should always work!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Placed the following in the 1st hand report of Gen 4 9mm, meant to post in the ejection|extractor issues.

So here it is:

For those of you with Gen 4's 17 & or 19 ejection issues, please try this test and post your results:

1. insert magazine with round
    2. tap & rack
    3. remove magazine
    4. fire off the chambered round.

Did your round eject or just hang up?

My Gen 4 G17 (May 2010) with 30274 ejector when performing the above test, will not eject the spent round.
    This may not help with your survey since all five of our Gen 4's extract and eject with excellent reliability. Through 15-20K rounds I've only got stoned in the forehead 3 times and it was all with one box of WWB with one of the Gen 4 G19s last year.
    My new Gen 4 G26 extracted and ejected - toward 2:00 - which looks odd when it happens. This gun has the most consistent ejection pattern (with the magazine inserted) I've seen across a dozen Glocks in a dozen or so years. 4:00 into a very consistent pattern.
    One of our Gen 4 G17s extracted but trapped the case mouth downward.
    I will try to get systematic on this and post some more. I have another one that extracted and ejected with this test the other day but I can't recall which it was.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-02-12 at 15:55.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Gen 4 G19 Oct. 2011 test fire Austrian frame and slide, and the latest ejector and RSA. No brass to face or FTF/FTE after about 300 rounds. It sometimes drops brass out the magwell if I shoot it with no mag in.

Gen 4 G17 Aug. 2011 test fire, latest RSA, Austrian frame and slide. It would bean me every other shot and stovepipe about once per mag with the 336 ejector. Just put 70 rounds through it today with the 90274 ejector and it no longer beans me now. I will not say it has perfect 3 o'clock ejection, but everything made it out of the gun. It will consistently eject out of the slide with mag out.

Page 48 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast