Page 51 of 210 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Kevin - my RTF2 19 is serial number range PFMxxx. Do you have any idea if that's in the date range you mentioned?
    I've shot that at my cyclic rate which is no faster than about .20 splits with much hope of hitting and have not seen any problem with function.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    I've run across a gen 3 19 w/ serial # starting w/ N and a test fire date from Jun 2009. Would this be old enough to predate the changes made that seem to be causing this problem?
    Nope.

Started in the late L series, late 2008.

I had a 19, serial started with M, even glock couldn't fix it, got a new pistol. This pistol was ejecting brass all over like a popcorn maker. Forward, left, right, straight back........ Ejection port had tons of brass markings on it with lots of brass shavings inside the pistol.

I picked up a used 19, 2006, K series. There is no doubt that the ejection is much stronger and more consistant.
    Last edited by High Altitude; 04-10-12 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    I've got a data request for those of you shooting post 2010 G19s. For those of you who have flawless pistols (e.g. no malfunctions and consistent 3-4 o'clock strong ejection) - are you shooting your pistols at range speed (1-2 shots per second or less)? If so, how does your pistol work when shooting at gunfight speed (3-5 shots per second)?
    I saw a correlation with my ejection pattern and the temperature of the weapon, which basically relates to how hard I was running it. The faster my strings, the hotter pistol, the more erratic the ejection...

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Called the store where I bought my gen 4 17 test fired September 2011 (336 ejector) and advised him of the issues and asked if he could get me a new ejector. He called glock. They advised him its covered under warranty repair and are sending him 30274 trigger housings and will do the swap for free (odviously).

I'm not sure if everyone is still having a hard time hunting down the newest trigger housing but contacting your local glock armorer may be the easiest route.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    I saw a correlation with my ejection pattern and the temperature of the weapon, which basically relates to how hard I was running it. The faster my strings, the hotter pistol, the more erratic the ejection...
    Strange. Hate to throw a monkey wrench into theories, but my experiences have been just the opposite of Psalms and Smitty. Again its a July 2011 purchase, G19 ,336 ejector, 0-2-4 RSA stock extractor. Current round count 5550 rnds, no malfunctions, occasional rearward ejections (some days better than others). I've found the harder I run the gun the less erractic ejections I experience/notice?. Slowfire,marksmanship shooting is where I get
    more brass thrown straight back(though admittedly infrequent enough that its still my favorite G19). I shot FAST academy classes all summer with it (once a week) in addition to 1 and 2 day handgun classes. Multiple mag dumps, no problem.

As an aside , a friend of mine at the local range let me shoot his Gen4 G17 which he just put an RMR on. Both sessions that I shot it I was averaging 6-7 casings to the noggin per 10 rounds fired. I told him to
    give the glock .40 extractor a try. BTW, I'm at 2000 rnds now with the .40 extractor in my September purchase Gen3G19, 336 ejector. As a recap, the first 700rnds ejected strongly and consistently to 3-4:30. Then during a session at about 1000rnds had 7-8 casings to the noggin in 100rnds (Independence 115gr). Since then the gun has ejected extremely well over the next 1000rnds with no malfunctions, and no brass to the face.
    "Do not mistake my silence for compliance or concession,
    I most probably have simply stopped casting pearls".
    Hayden 2002.

http://fastacademy.net/wp/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It's been awhile since I've checked in with this thread and wanted to just post an update. My Gen 3 19 with SN beginning with "S" was having the ejection issues horizontal stove pipes (stopped after polishing MIM dip extractor) and erratic ejection.

I had Glock send the new 30274 ejector to my local Glock armorer. They sent the ejector along with a new non-dip extractor. I installed the new parts. This has resulted in consistent 3-4 ejection, albeit a little weak through 400 rounds. Time will tell if it continues to function properly.

I tried a .40 extractor prior to this and experienced failures to RTB. So that was a no go.

Feedback Score
    I don't think it is one thing. I think between the extractor changes, dual RSA's, frame and slide changes they've just changed too much too fast. It wasn't a slow evolution. It was a "genetic mutation" with all the changes. That's why they rebuilt the GEN3 I had that was good for about 500 rounds after the rebuild.
    At the time I don't think they had the flood of problems they do now it was easier just to rebuild or replace the gun. As I said their doesn't sem to be one fix that has solved every guns problem. So they want you to send it in so they can try to correct whatvr your individual problem is. My new GEN4 G19 is at about 500-600 trouble free rounds since the non-dip extractor and HRED were installed. But the one before that didn't mess up until 200 rounds. So when can you feel safe that thes guns are o.k. to carry?
    That's an individual call. But your probably best to look for a police trade in GEN2. Or a GEN3 that's more than two years old if you want to be certain of a reliable gun. Not saying that's true for everyone. Some folks guns appear to be fixed and working. Just too many of us have had to find the individual fixes ourselves. Hate beong a Beta Tester.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejg View Post
    It's been awhile since I've checked in with this thread and wanted to just post an update. My Gen 3 19 with SN beginning with "S" was having the ejection issues horizontal stove pipes (stopped after polishing MIM dip extractor) and erratic ejection.

I had Glock send the new 30274 ejector to my local Glock armorer. They sent the ejector along with a new non-dip extractor. I installed the new parts. This has resulted in consistent 3-4 ejection, albeit a little weak through 400 rounds. Time will tell if it continues to function properly.

I tried a .40 extractor prior to this and experienced failures to RTB. So that was a no go.
    Glock sent a new non dip extractor? Does it have the loaded chamber indicator?
    I had the same issue trying the 40 extractor.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yes it does have the LCI. And it is definitely non-dip. I'll try to remember to take pics of it when I get home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    Glock sent a new non dip extractor? Does it have the loaded chamber indicator?
    I had the same issue trying the 40 extractor.
    This is the second time I have heard of glock sending a new extractor and it was a non dipped extractor.

No one is sure if glock is changing the extractor design, or if they have some old stock and send them out for troubled pistols.

Hopefully glock wised up.

Page 51 of 210 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast