Page 52 of 210 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Well my "party" is over. I'm at about 800 rounds with my new GEN4 G19. Yesterday in the last three mags I took two to the head. And most are cass are now ejecting to about 5:00-6:00 with the original extractor. Not as bad with the non-dip extractor. But still hit me in the head with the non-dip extractor also. So guess I'll be calling Glock. Shit! BTW, using Speer 115gr. Lawman and Aquila 124gr. FMJ. Hit me with either round.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the gun works, and only 2 casings hit you in the face, why bother? There are people whose guns don't work needing warranty work, and people who don't like something and want warranty work. Which does this fall under?

Feedback Score

Update

Here is an Update ...Trying to stick to the original thread format

- First 3 letters of serial # and or test fire date from factory.
    G-19 STD-Test fired date 01/30/12
    G-17 SLR-Test fired date 02/02/12
    - Generation of Glock (3 or 4)
    Both Gen 4's
    - Number of rounds TOTAL fired through pistol
    G19...... 1000rds
    G17...... 800 rds
    - Any changes made to pistol by you or armorer or Glock (parts etc.)
    Both Stock Guns
    Both guns have Ejector # 30274
    G19 RSA 0-4-3
    G17 RSA 0-2-4
    - Issues you are having.
    Zero issues
    - Ammo used during issues (manufacturer, weight etc.)
    zero issues with ammo TD ...

Feedback Score
    A gun that has been shooting well for 800 or so rounds suddenly starts a radical change in ejection pattern. Going from throwing rounds between 3:00-4:30 to every round is either going somewhere between 5:00-6:00 hitting me either on the shoulder, head, or going off to the left, over my head. I think I have a problem that needs fixing. This is what the other guns did. The GEN3's right out of the box. After being rebuilt at 500 rounds. The first GEN4 after 2000 rounds. This one at 600. At an unknow number these guns have all had the same problem. I have Glocks almost twenty years old with perfect ejection. Their is a problem that apparently can't be fixd and made to stay fixed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Gen4 G-19 ejection issues....

I was asked to look over a Glock-19 for my brother in law, one I'd sold him, it's was a PYU serial numbered pistol, it was stock, including an 04 RSA. It came to me with the typical gen 4 complaints, FTF, FTE, erratic ejection, ejecting brass directly back at the shooter ect...

I took this pistol out this afternoon and ran five hundred rounds through it, four hundred rounds of WW Super X 147 gr FMJ(X9MMSU2), and one hundred rounds of Winchester Ranger-T 147gr JHP(RA9T)in two hours time. Not speed shooting, but five hundred rounds in two hours is a pretty good clip.

I use the 147 gr Super X load as training/range ammo, it comes close to matching the velocities generated by my carry load, the Ranger RA9T, actually it's really a bit less, more like 900 fps, though I didn't chrono todays session. This ammo can be troublesome, even in my Beretta's it can result in difficult ejection. Nonetheless, I had not a single FTF/FTE with it in the little G-19, even considering the 04 RSA! The RA9T performed virtually the same. Not a single malfunction from a pistol delivered to me inbetween four lettered words!

However I did notice some interesting variations in ejection from the G-19 when it was mounted with Streamlights TLR-1 LED weapon light, with it mounted to the Glock's rail, all ejection was strong, upward, and away from the shooter. As soon as I removed the TLR-1 ejection became instantly erratic, with many spent rounds hitting my shoulder(right)and my head, as always, the erratic ejection became more pronounced as the magazine emptied, with the last round struggling to clear the port, and sort of hanging there, right in front of the shooters face...

With the weapon light mounted to the pistol, it was absolutely flawless, without it, things became interesting...
    Last edited by Denali; 04-17-12 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    Within the first 50 rounds I was hit twice in the safety glasses yesterday. 115gr. Speer Lawman FMJ. Going to the gunshow to trade it today. It hit the safety glasses so hard it left a mark in the right lens. Enough!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you can maybe after you trade it in you can find a like new g through m serial prefix slightly used Glock 19 that's what I did.
    Kicking my self for trading away any older Glocks I had as well,
    G17 and G26's I had as well as a L prefix I traded for a Sig I hated
    "People talk 45. shoot 9mm and carry 38." Jeff Cooper
    now it would be - "People talk G19, Shoot G34 and Carry G43"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVID RICHARDS View Post
    Within the first 50 rounds I was hit twice in the safety glasses yesterday. 115gr. Speer Lawman FMJ. Going to the gunshow to trade it today. It hit the safety glasses so hard it left a mark in the right lens. Enough!
    I don't blame you. Ready to send mine down the road too.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    I just picked up a blue label gen 4 17 with test fire date of 3/23/12 last week. I'm going to try and hit the range this week and test with the following and see what runs best. I have a gen 4 19 on order and would assume it will be very recent production as well.

Speer lawman 115
    Speer lawman 124
    Speer GD 124+p
    WWB 115
    Fed AE 124
    Winchester ranger 124 +p NATO
    Only managed to make a quick trip to the range today but shot 20 of each brand except for the Fed AE 124, put 40 through.

140 rounds total. Didn't clean out of the box. No stoppages or brass to the face. Ejection stayed between 3:00 and 5:00 when I was paying attention to it.

My current stash of WWB and Fed AE will take me to 1000 rounds. Will update then

Feedback Score
    Got rid of it at the Nashville gunshow. Got a S&W M&P 9c without magazine disconnect or external safeties. Hated to give up on the G19. But after 4, yes 4 replacement guns enough is enough. I'll look for a GEN2 or early GEN3 G19. Still like the platform. Just the current models aren't something will trouble with. Maybe if they actully get the GEN4 staright one of these days I might try again. Good luck to all with them.

Page 52 of 210 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast