Page 61 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only way this is going to get resolved is to keep hammering them, just like the M&P folks who accuracy issues, Folks who own Glocks with extraction/ejection problems need to keep the pressure up.. Maybe someday people at S&W, Glock, will start listening to someone like Randy Lee, He's already solved the problems with both...
    Last edited by ralph; 05-07-12 at 10:59.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    Well...crap!

I THOUGHT I was going to be able to avoid this nonsense, but my 3rd gen G19 (born on date of 4-4-12) just started tossing brass back at my head this past weekend!

I was at about round 700-750 or so and then it started happening. Brass tossed at my forehead, brass barely dribbling out of the ejection port, brass going almost straight up and landing on the top of my head. About 20-25% of the time, too. Didn't matter what ammo we used - Winchester, Hornady, Federal, CCI...all did it.

All the Glock armorers around here tell me to call Glock and send it to them.

Is this really the best course of action?

I wonder if I should just wait until the Apex extractor comes out. Still...my G19 wears the 336 ejector and that might also be part of the problem.

I don't think I should have to pay to send a month old pistol to the maker for fixes.

Bummed....I KNEW I should have bought the PPQ. LOL

Seriously, if I get the ejection issue fixed...the rest of the pistol is golden. No jams or malfunctions at all and its pretty accurate.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    What Ralph said. What Ralph said x100.

No matter how bad the customer service may be, no matter how much of a hassle they give you, the only way to get this changed is to keep hammering Glock about this problem. Keep sending malfunctioning guns in (I'm convinced all guns with dip extractors will eventually have problems; it's just a matter of time). Keep getting your 9s repaired until they work perfectly out of the box.

Once the price of all the shipping labels, parts replacements, man hours, and most of all, full-on gun replacements begins to exceed the cost of their crappy, POS MIM extractor molds, they'll change their opinion on this problem pretty quickly.

So keep the pressure up. Keep pounding 'em with (valid) warranty requests. It's the only way to get this fixed.

Feedback Score
    How much DID that MIM extractor REALLY save Glock?

Wouldn't all of us paid another 5-10 bucks per gun to avoid this problem altogether? I think so.

I bet the MIM savings was practically nil for Glock in the end. This is what happens when bean counters begin pulling the strings at a gun maker.

What a waste.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I polished the top & bottom of the extractor in my FDE GEN3 19 to see if it would improve the ejection. No joy. I put 100 rounds through it yesterday and came home with 4 cuts on my forehead from 6 o'clock ejection. I just got off the phone with Glock and a shipping label is in route.

Feedback Score
    I had a late model Gen 3 g19 that had issues right from the start. I would constantly get brass ejected into my face so I sent it back to Glock and told them I wanted it replaced with new gen4 that worked correctly and had the new ejector (this was before they started putting the new ejector into problematic gen3's).

The gen 4 worked great for the first 400 rounds. Ejection was strong and consistent. I put 250 rounds through it today and I started getting erratic ejection again. I got hit twice in the face, 3 landed on the top of my head, and one dribbled out to the left wtf. This was with AE 115g. I took out the extractor and noticed the finish was coming off in some spots.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I polished the top & bottom of the extractor in my FDE GEN3 19 to see if it would improve the ejection. No joy. I put 100 rounds through it yesterday and came home with 4 cuts on my forehead from 6 o'clock ejection. I just got off the phone with Glock and a shipping label is in route.
    Damn. This gun does NOT have the updated ejector does it? I'd try that although that may not be the root cause. Good extractor and new ejector would be nice.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Damn. This gun does NOT have the updated ejector does it? I'd try that although that may not be the root cause. Good extractor and new ejector would be nice.
    Nope, 336 ejector. It will be interesting to see what it comes back with. I've tried testing the extractor tension by slipping a case under the extractor onto the breech face. There's practically no tension at all. The case just flops loosely between the extractor & breech face.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Gen 4 17 mid February 2012 I have 1800 rounds of a combination of mostly 115 grain Speer lawman and 115 WWB through it. 300 rounds fired w/o a light new and about 1500 with a x300. It has the latest RSA and ejector. I have had 0 malfunctions and 0 cases to the dome. I'm going to be putting another 1k through it this weekend at some classes and I'll report back.
    Last edited by dhena81; 05-07-12 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    So I just got off the phone with Glock Warranty dept.

The guy I spoke to gave me an attitude from the start, grunting and huffing when I told him politely about my issue.
    He started making me feel like I'm an asshole telling me that I was the issue plus ammo blah blah...

If the M&P purchased at the same time didn't beam me in the face as well I dont think Id EVER give glock any future business.
    Just curious, have you contacted S&W about the ejection issues of your M&P? How did that work out vs. your Glock experience?

The very few instances of M&P's having erratic ejection that I've heard of were the result of an out of spec extractor. Easy fix.

Page 61 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast