Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will do Drew!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    An update on my two.
    Gen3 P** serial and Gen3 S** serial.
    I swapped the ejectors to the newer units.
    Limited testing so far(a few mags through each) but the over the head and chest ejections have stopped. Still erratic & dribbley, but no malfunctions. Hopefully these combined with the APEX parts will get them to "perfection"...
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    Just fired the first 150 rounds through my G19 Gen 3 TBR pre-fix 4-26-12 factory date. Most cases ejected about 4'oclock but had about 5 skim the top of my head and one go down range. Also experienced a stovepipe, keep in mind that I was shooting 115gr Tulammo steel cased ammo. With that said I was extremely happy with the accuracy of the gun.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Ahhhhh! Any update on the Apex extractor?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    Ahhhhh! Any update on the Apex extractor?

Yes, I ran into a snag that kept the striker block from moving freely. So I'm going to report my findings on Monday. Now I can see why Randy wants as much testing done before they are released to the public. On a good note, the extraction was more consistent overall.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know of a source for factory non-dip extractors? I managed to get one from GT Distributors based on a post on Lightfighter from AZ Larry. They just could find the one and I don't know if it was old or new stock but would like to find one if anyone has a lead.

As a side note, GT Dist service was amazing. Todd Ritz individually went through a bunch of extractors to find a non-dip and had it to me next day. Very impressed.

Feedback Score
    It wasn't me, it was echo, I tried to get some and got the wrong ones. I suspect they were old pre MIM extractors. That said I shot both my long slides yesterday and have no issues. While extraction is weaker than my older G19s, the new ejector has everything going to the right. My shooting buddies are advising me to stop obsessing about getting 6ft extraction and relax. I've had zero malfunctions and no longer take brass to the six.
    Last edited by az larry; 06-18-12 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    I have a SGR*** (wondering when it was made) Glock 17 heading my way this week, I'll let you know how it performs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Gen 3 G19 serial SPC***, with a Feb 2012 test fire date that is now giving me issues. It started at about the 500 round mark with cases to the face. Now at the 1k mark, and I have had 3 stovepipes and about 2 to 3 cases to the face per magazine in the last 300 rounds. It has a dipped extractor with a 2 on it and the 336 ejector. Heres to hoping that apex sorts this whole thing out.

Getting this along with vertical stovepipes:

[IMG]
    IMG_0428 by philnovak, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by LtNovakUSA; 06-19-12 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LtNovakUSA View Post
    I have a Gen 3 G19 serial SPC***, with a Feb 2012 test fire date that is now giving me issues. It started at about the 500 round mark with cases to the face. Now at the 1k mark, and I have had 3 stovepipes and about 2 to 3 cases to the face per magazine in the last 300 rounds. It has a dipped extractor with a 2 on it and the 336 ejector. Heres to hoping that apex sorts this whole thing out.

Getting this along with vertical stovepipes:

[IMG]
    IMG_0428 by philnovak, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Didn't the new ejectors come out before that test fire date?
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Page 86 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast