Page 89 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This nonsense almost has me willing to try a new production gen 4. Apparently my backup gun has the extractor problems.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This nonsense almost has me willing to try a new production gen 4. Apparently my backup gun has the extractor problems.
    Are you saying that you don't believe that there is a problem with new production glocks?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    Are you saying that you don't believe that there is a problem with new production glocks?
    Not when he shoots it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    No, but the whole reason I stuck with the Gen 3 was because it supposedly didn't have these problems. And "new production" doesn't mean anything. You can buy "new production" gen 3 or 4.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So, is this the most complete recipe, beyond grinding/filing?

White Sound Defense High Reliability Extractor Depressor (H.R.E.D.)
    30274 Ejector
    Lone Wolf LCI Extractor
    Lone Wolf SLB
    Lone Wolf Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring

I'm not interested in piecemealing these things. I'd rather change everything at once and see what that gets me.
    Last edited by rob_s; 06-26-12 at 05:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, is this the most complete recipe, beyond grinding/filing?

White Sound Defense High Reliability Extractor Depressor (H.R.E.D.)
    30274 Ejector
    Lone Wolf LCI Extractor
    Lone Wolf SLB
    Lone Wolf Extractor Depressor Plunger Spring

I'm not interested in piecemealing these things. I'd rather change everything at once and see what that gets me.
    Wait for the Apex extractor...otherwise you're just chasing your tail..Early reports from beta testors look like it works, and works well, without having to change a bunch of parts around. Just drop it in and go. You can drive yourself half silly trying to come up with something that may work for awhile, just to revert back a few hundred rounds later. For what it's worth, I installed a lone wolf extractor, and got a big improvement over the stock extractor, I still get bopped on the head, but not nearly as often as I'd get hit with the stock extractor..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-26-12 at 05:54.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Wait for the Apex extractor
    I keep seeing people suggest this, or say they are doing it, but do what in the meantime? Don't go to matches and classes? That's not going to work.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    No, but the whole reason I stuck with the Gen 3 was because it supposedly didn't have these problems. And "new production" doesn't mean anything. You can buy "new production" gen 3 or 4.
    That's why I said "new production"
    My SPC G19 has a mind of its own.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I keep seeing people suggest this, or say they are doing it, but do what in the meantime? Don't go to matches and classes? That's not going to work.
    Ejector. Seems to be helping.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Rob,

Start simple.

Toss in a 30274 ejector. This ejector was designed to contact the case sooner which should push it out a little more forcefully and alleviate the stovepipes.

Check the fit of your extractor in the slides channel. Is it binding anywhere?

Also, load the pistol, remove the magazine and fire it. Where are your casings going?

Prior to installation of randy's extractors my casings fell out of the magazine well 100% of the time.

It was 50/50 when i installed the 30274 ejector and used the OEM extractor. It was at least a marginal improvement.

Page 89 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast