Page 9 of 210 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Went to the range tonight and my Gen 3 Glock 26 started ejecting brass in my face or on top of my head on the last round in the magazine only. Serial number prefix is LFD.

Feedback Score
    As I've previously reported, my 3rd Gen G19 couldn't be made reliable, and I got a replacement Gen4 pistol that came in last week. This pistol is fully "upgraded" with the newest extractor, newest ejector, and newest RSA. Made it to the range on Sat, and again yesterday, and, in about 400 rounds of 124gr NATO ball fired, had two stovepipes, three double feeds, and at least 50 rounds of brass flung in odd directions - about 15 into my face, lots just over my head, several to the left side of the pistol, and even 5-6 that ejected to the 12 o'clock position - straight forward.

I had two other experienced Glock shooters shoot the pistol, and used a total of 6 different magazines during the shooting - and everyone experienced the same type of results.

Back to Glock, I guess. Is it time to switch to .40 S&W in Glocks, or do I need to find a different platform for my 9mm needs? This is the third bad G19 I've had in a row in the last 18 months...

Regards,

Kevin
    Last edited by Psalms144.1; 12-21-11 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    replacement Gen4 pistol that came in last week. This pistol is fully "upgraded" with the newest extractor, newest ejector, and newest RSA.

Kevin
    1st off I am really sorry to hear about your experience with the replacement gen 4. When you state upgraded with the newest 'extractor' any number stamped on it, how about a picture or two of the 'extractor'.

Assume the newest ejector is #30274 and RSA 0-2-4?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 12-21-11 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I was really hoping Glock would get their act together by now. I'm glad I have the M&P as a reasonable alternative. Isn't Apex working on something?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I was really hoping Glock would get their act together by now. I'm glad I have the M&P as a reasonable alternative. Isn't Apex working on something?
    Randy is working on a fix, but who know when it'll become available.

Feedback Score
    Platoon Daddy - no number on the extractor, and SWMBO has the camera right now at some Xmas function for the kiddies. The extractor is visibly much different from the "dip" extractor that came with my problematic 3rd Gen G19 - almost parallel between the top & bottom edges (like the pre-2010 extractors), and obviously higher quality - looks like tooled steel to me instead of the rough construction of the MIM "dip" extractors. RSA is 0-3-4, ejector is 30274...

Regards,

Kevin
    Last edited by Psalms144.1; 12-21-11 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    I was able to test out a couple Gen 3 Glock 19 RTF2s made in the early part of 2010 yesterday that I recently picked up. I haven't put that many rounds through them, but a total of 200 through both and no issues so far. I was honestly expecting there to be malfunctions and other problems from the things I have read here, or at least ejection that was not strong. Glad to see both of mine are good to go so far. I know I have read a number of posts where the problems started with the first mag or two, so hopefully mine will remain this way.

The only bad thing I guess is regular gen 3 glocks seem way too slick now that I am starting to get used to the rough texture frame!
    Last edited by train of abuses; 12-21-11 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalms144.1 View Post
    Platoon Daddy - no number on the extractor, and SWMBO has the camera right now at some Xmas function for the kiddies. The extractor is visibly much different from the "dip" extractor that came with my problematic 3rd Gen G19 - almost parallel between the top & bottom edges (like the pre-2010 extractors), and obviously higher quality - looks like tooled steel to me instead of the rough construction of the MIM "dip" extractors. RSA is 0-3-4, ejector is 30274...

Regards,

Kevin
    Thanks for the info and very interesting comment about the extractor.

Mine is back for the 2nd time, will be interesting to see what is added this time. Didn't know there was a RSA 0-3-4.

Ohh before I forget, conclave or non-conclave slide?

Feedback Score
    And I have the dreaded dip in the extractor, unlike an old Glock 30 of mine. Should I expect the extractors to wear out faster? I guess the only way to know is to pull them out and check every once in a while. What a pain! I may just have to pick up a couple Apex extractors when they come out to be on the safe side.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Word on the street is that changing the 9mm extractors to the .40 version fixed the issue (so far)
    Last edited by Cosmo M3; 12-21-11 at 20:16.

Page 9 of 210 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast