Page 90 of 210 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Yes, buying a Gen 3 instead of a Gen 4 does not guarantee you will avoid the erratic ejection issue. I am living proof.

I'd still just wait until the Apex extractor comes out.

Why?

I have sat here and read tons of posts from those that have swapped all sorts of parts and used the HRED, Lone Wolf parts and other fixes that STILL don't cure the problems. That newer ejector did not cure many other's problems either. Some sent their guns to Glock and STILL had troubles.

My take away from this.....just wait for the Apex part.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    My take away from this.....just wait for the Apex part.
    and again, do what in the meantime?

I can tell you what I'm doing, despite the fact that I'm sitting on multiple Glocks, somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 holsters, uncountable magazine pouches, and uncountable numbers of mags... I'm buying an M&P and seeing if I can't lose that lottery as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    and again, do what in the meantime?

I can tell you what I'm doing, despite the fact that I'm sitting on multiple Glocks, somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 holsters, uncountable magazine pouches, and uncountable numbers of mags... I'm buying an M&P and seeing if I can't lose that lottery as well.
    Well, sorry about your luck, you can buy all the parts you listed and waste even more time changing them out in a attempt to come up with a solution, or wait. Like it or not, those are your choices..I installed a LW extractor, that made the gun useable. I DO use it in classes I've been going to, But, I'm not about to buy a bunch of assorted parts, and swap this and that out in a tail chasing excersise..
    Last edited by ralph; 06-26-12 at 11:33.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Took delivery of a NIB current production gen4 G19. ~700rds down the pipe in the couple range outings. 100% function with several loads, including a known-crappy one, functional with IBOs and kids with differential gripping, consistent 4:00 ejection regardless of shooter. Accurate as I'm capable of being. Sights true enough with centering in the dovetail. Decent trigger. Nothing of note during the acceptance inspection.

I'm pleased, and will continue to run it to see what develops. Will likely have more of them as well.
    Last edited by ST911; 06-26-12 at 11:50.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Wait for the Apex extractor...otherwise you're just chasing your tail..Early reports from beta testors look like it works, and works well, without having to change a bunch of parts around. Just drop it in and go. You can drive yourself half silly trying to come up with something that may work for awhile, just to revert back a few hundred rounds later. For what it's worth, I installed a lone wolf extractor, and got a big improvement over the stock extractor, I still get bopped on the head, but not nearly as often as I'd get hit with the stock extractor..

I am a beta tester and the only 1 of 10 that has had problems due to the striker block sticking from an area that needed to be relieved. That extractor was sent back last week and I have a new one on the way, so I will update this thread when I do further testing. Even with the extractor slightly sticking, the ejection was more consistent overall compared to the factory setup. Video will be released when all the editing is done with the various configurations of Stock, Apex Extractor with Apex Spring, Apex Extractor with HRED and Stock Extractor with HRED. Here are a few pics before my camera died:

Feedback Score
    It sucks to wait....but since others are replacing the ejectors and trying Lone Wolf parts and not getting a 100% fix...why bother? If I want to tinker and play...I'll just go buy another 1911! LOL

What to do in the meantime? Well, I have a SIG P228 and a pretty tricked out FN Hi-Power so that is my 9mm fix for the meantime. Everyone should have SOME sort of other 9mm platform in their safe as a backup.

This whole situation is not good...but waiting for the Apex fix seems like the only alternative unless you are willing to dump the Glock platform entirely and go to the M&P, HK or PPQ for a decent polymer 9mm.

- brickboy240

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Took delivery of a NIB current production gen4 G19. ~700rds down the pipe in the couple range outings. 100% function with several loads, including a known-crappy one, functional with IBOs and kids with differential gripping, consistent 4:00 ejection regardless of shooter. Accurate as I'm capable of being. Sights true enough with centering in the dovetail. Decent trigger. Nothing of note during the acceptance inspection.

I'm pleased, and will continue to run it to see what develops. Will likely have more of them as well.
    This kind of post is what has me pausing on the M&P thing. I may just buy both the M&P and the Gen 4. It will probably be no major downside other than funds tied up for the M&P to sit in the safe if the Glock thing works itself out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While we're on this...

Is there a known serial # cutoff for this? For example, if I'm at a gun show and see a used Gen 3 with prefix "XYZ" I should buy it? Or a way to clearly tell by the extractor that is in the gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    rob, if I were you I'd try to get the very latest of either since changes are being made to both to fix the most brought up problems.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    While we're on this...

Is there a known serial # cutoff for this? For example, if I'm at a gun show and see a used Gen 3 with prefix "XYZ" I should buy it? Or a way to clearly tell by the extractor that is in the gun?
    Seems to me that remember reading in this thread,(back aways) that anything made prior to 2010 should be GTG, So, look for a Gen3, non "dip" extractor, made before 2010.. I also remember "R" and "S" letter prefixs are ones known to stay away from, possibly earlier prefix's as well.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Page 90 of 210 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast