Page 96 of 210 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The SP30275 trigger housing with the newer design ejector solves the ejection issue. The extractor issue has been overblown in an attempt to market apex products. While the new mim extractors are not ideal compared to the old style steel extractors, they work.

I had a GEN4 19 purchased a long time ago in the back of the safe and decided to use it this year. Had a FTE approx. every 50-60 rounds. Replaced the trigger housing with the new SP30275 unit as well as the RSA with the new style and have ran over 13000 flawless rounds.

As a Glock Armorer, I contacted Glock to ask about the FTE issue and they were upfront about the issue and recommended the new RSA and trigger housing. No attempt to hide the issue.

Does Glock sometimes make a mistake? Yes.

Do they make it right? Yes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    The SP30275 trigger housing with the newer design ejector solves the ejection issue. The extractor issue has been overblown in an attempt to market apex products. While the new mim extractors are not ideal compared to the old style steel extractors, they work.

I had a GEN4 19 purchased a long time ago in the back of the safe and decided to use it this year. Had a FTE approx. every 50-60 rounds. Replaced the trigger housing with the new SP30275 unit as well as the RSA with the new style and have ran over 13000 flawless rounds.

As a Glock Armorer, I contacted Glock to ask about the FTE issue and they were upfront about the issue and recommended the new RSA and trigger housing. No attempt to hide the issue.

Speak for yourself, mine came with the latest parts and had ejection problems from day 1. You should read the thread.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by G34Shooter View Post
    Speak for yourself, mine came with the latest parts and had ejection problems from day 1. You should read the thread.
    So... is this evidence that it is possibly a BIG issue like the slide, QC in overall production, etc?

Feedback Score
    And Glock has not admited or come up with a solution to sprinkler ejection on late Gen 3s. If Glock got there shit together Apex wouldn't have a product to sell.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    So... is this evidence that it is possibly a BIG issue like the slide, QC in overall production, etc?

If my slide was the problem, Apex's extractor wouldn't have fixed it for me over 400 rounds ago.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sounds like someone's been drinking the koolaid

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Brian,

I hate to thread drift but have you thought about taking your G19 to Hatfield to have the finger grooves removed ?

I am really excited to hear how these extractors are working out for people. What is the expected service life of one of these Apex extractors ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, no. The extractor issue predates my entry into the troubleshooting arena. That is why the Lone Wolf extractor and HRED evolved- again, well before I ever got involved.

The ejection and extraction issues that people are experiencing in the Gen 3 and 4 9mms are statistically relevant. To say that it is overblown and an attempt to market my product is absurd.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    It looks like Apex might make it safe for me to get a Gen4 G19 soon. Great work Mr. Lee!!!
    I was thinking the same thing.

I am about to purchase new handguns for my wife, oldest son and I to CCW here in Texas. I wanted them all to be Glock 19s until I read on several boards about the extraction issues. I was about to go with M&P9s, which I have read have on several boards have accuracy issues. I think I will hang on a bit until Apex releases this and go with Glocks after all.
    Arms Secure Peace

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When will the extractors be ready? I know predicting it is hard, because a supply issue is almost sure to ensue.

Page 96 of 210 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast