Page 97 of 210 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpiper View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.

I am about to purchase new handguns for my wife, oldest son and I to CCW here in Texas. I wanted them all to be Glock 19s until I read on several boards about the extraction issues. I was about to go with M&P9s, which I have read have on several boards have accuracy issues. I think I will hang on a bit until Apex releases this and go with Glocks after all.
    You may want to consider a Shield for your wife. My daughter had a G19 and wouldn't carry it because she thought it was too big. I got her a Shield and she loves it. As a bonus she shoots it better than her G19. I decided to get one for myself for a BUG and cargo shorts gun. Very accurate. Nice trigger with an actual tactile reset and to stay sort of on topic, it ejects like, well.......my older G19.

And back on topic, does Randy eventually plan on making the extractor with an LCI? It's a nice feature and why I have been modifying my existing extractors and swapping ejectors in my late Gen 3 Longslides. So far I'm happy with the result and still have LCIs on both guns.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Sounds like someone's been drinking the koolaid
    he's had too much!

I can report that Glock's replacement non-dip extractor seems to be functioning very well. Bought the gun off mtdawg169 who tirelessly worked on getting the gun running properly before selling. Since I've received it I've been able to put a few hundred rounds though it (200 just this morning) and not only is it functioning properly, but I haven't yet gotten any brass to the face. Federal 115gr and Rem. UMC 115gr is all I've used, no hot stuff has been necessary.

Last edited by munch520; 07-05-12 at 10:13.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I'm understanding the thread correctly, you guys are finding that the 15/0 non LCI 9mm extractor corrects the perceived problem?

Any tried a 15/5 new or old, LCI or no, to see it's effect?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    That's great except I can't find these anywhere, all the new LCI extractors seem to be dip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by az larry View Post
    That's great except I can't find these anywhere, all the new LCI extractors seem to be dip.
    MIDWAY item number764545.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDorle View Post
    Have you tried this? Does it "cure" extraction issues?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by munch520 View Post
    he's had too much!

I can report that Glock's replacement non-dip extractor seems to be functioning very well. Bought the gun off mtdawg169 who tirelessly worked on getting the gun running properly before selling. Since I've received it I've been able to put a few hundred rounds though it (200 just this morning) and not only is it functioning properly, but I haven't yet gotten any brass to the face. Federal 115gr and Rem. UMC 115gr is all I've used, no hot stuff has been necessary.
    I remember mtdawg saying that Glock installed this "new" extractor and it working for him...I wonder if they are actually producing a new extractor, or if this is old stock?

Glad to hear its working for you as well though...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Brownell's has Glock extractors in stock. They have both Old Style and New Style. Will the old Style type fix the problem and are the new Style type the ones causing the problem? http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=0...ock_extractors

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Have you tried this? Does it "cure" extraction issues?
    No, I haven't tried it yet but Munch520 has. See post number 962.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDorle View Post
    Do you know these are non dip? The Glock part number SP1895 shows up at Glockparts.com and is in stock. I don't want to order another dip extractor. The one in the picture was purchased in person from a distributor in TX, I tried to get one from them over the phone and all they had were dip extractors or old non-LCI extractors that help a little but look too long. I've tried them with little or no improvement.

I have a feeling that was an older pre-MIM extractor they had left over.

I someone finds these and knows they aren't dip please post here. I don't think Miidway or anyone else will pull these and be able to tell you if they are dip or not, they all have the same part number. Maybe there are different batches.

I have one extractor that I removed some material on per the huge thread on Glocktalk, and combined with the 30274 ejector solved my sprinkler ejection and also gave me stringer ejection with the modified dip extractor. My problem is I'd rather have a unmodified stock part.

Right now my ejection looks a lot like the videos that the guys beta testing Randy's extractor have posted. I'm going to modify another spare, but would prefer to find a couple of extractors like the one on the G19 in the pic above.
    Last edited by az larry; 07-05-12 at 20:07.

Page 97 of 210 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast