Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: viridian green lasers....any one use them?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

viridian green lasers....any one use them?

im thinking about getting a viridian xl5 gen 2 for my glock. how is the quality of viridian products? do they hold a zero? are the adjustments solid? any info would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    no one for viridian? really?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've wanted to try them but the price has warded me away.

Feedback Score
    I have a Viridian C5L on a FNP9.

Pros: very compact, green laser is highly visible both day or night, LED light is bright and has very good strobe effect, easy on/off with either hand and simple to program, great customer service-my LED module on the light went out after 9 months and Viridian replaced the whole unit quickly

Cons: expensive, no "quick release"-must be attached to rail with screws, hard to find holsters (I'm using a generic Blackhawk model sold by Viridian but it is not weapon specific)

Happy overall. I also have on other weapons a Streamlight TLR2 and Insight M3. TLR2 is my favorite due to the quick release feature although the laser is not as good as the green Viridian. Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions.

Feedback Score
    I have C5L on HK P2000SK. Initially I had huge problems with it, mostly due to old style mounting, that could not hold zero for more than 5-6shots or 2-3 gun presentations. Also had some problems with switches.

Finally Viridian exchanged my unit for new one, with new mounting system (like in Gen2 X5L). It is huge improvement. New system sets unit in good relation to rail and hold zero much better. There are still some issues I would improve but it seem to be OK now. Also mounting is (in my case) polymer-on-polymer; some amount of play will always be present.

As to holster, I use RCS Phantom light compatible holster. Works very good for me, however carrying this setup AIWB does not work too well. One can not have everything.
    Last edited by montrala; 11-09-11 at 08:54.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    so they really dont hold a zero well when mounted on a plastic frame, huh? holster problems dont bother me. it will probably sit on the night stand glock. my main concern is holding a zero.
    Last edited by kenndapp; 11-09-11 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My experience has been all good. They are the only one I know of that has grabbed onto the very simple concept that the closer the laser is to the bore, the better.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I remember reading something about green LASERS not doing well in the cold. Supposedly their output drops. I have not experience with Viridian and this may or may not be an issue, just something I thought of that you may want to look into.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have an X5L and it has worked great on my G19. I also have a Raven Phantom for it. No problems so far. I highly recommend the Viridian lasers.

O

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndapp View Post
    so they really dont hold a zero well when mounted on a plastic frame, huh? holster problems dont bother me. it will probably sit on the night stand glock. my main concern is holding a zero.
    It depends what you define as holding zero. If you look for sub-MOA zero with LaRue mount on rifle rail, it will not. But if you need battle zero for self defence, it will hold. Nightstand is, for me GTG. Especially that X5L with longer mounting rail will sit much stiffer on Glock, that ultra short mount on my P2000SK

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I remember reading something about green LASERS not doing well in the cold. Supposedly their output drops. I have not experience with Viridian and this may or may not be an issue, just something I thought of that you may want to look into.
    It is issue for temperatures below 0C (actually below some 5-8C, but I tested Viridian to work to 0C). For pistols sight that is on CCW gun, this is non issue, as unit is always close to the body (at least in my case). But it is a problem on rifles. That is why mil-grade green lasers have systems that heat laser in low temps and cool it in high temps.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast