Thread: Tornado Technologies

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Tornado Technologies

Anyone use them? Found them via HKPro and their website says they do not need to remove the barrel from a receiver to thread. Got a moded 700 and love the factory finish. Remy says no can do for them, same with AAC.
    Would appreciate some feedback if anyone has used Tornado.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    They do good work.... That being said their turnaround times can be horrible. One of those two weeks turns into 6 months type things.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They? It's only one dude. One dude and his receptionist anyway. He's Australian I think.

I haven't had a barrel threaded by him but I have had a brake pinned, pic related. Excellent pin job. I was thinking about getting my CZ-452 barrel threaded by him in the near future.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sorry, *he.

Yeah he is a nice guy and like I said does good work, it just took a while last time I used TT.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    TT is considered probably one of the best in the industry, and yeah with that comes wait times.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have used TT a couple times with outstanding results. One was an AA Glock 22 conversion kit (threaded/protector). The second was a Rem 700 thread and muzzle brake install. TT threaded the barrel and machined the shoulder perfectly so the brake timed correctly without using shims.

I recognize there have been some wait times that have strained peoples' patience, but considering the quality of the work I was very happy. I have heard TT may run some jobs in batches, so it may pay to check on this prior to submission. Highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Do you want it fast, cheap, or right?

This applies to most things, not just barrel threading. 4+ years for a rifle or handgun build is too long IMHO (people die, get married, have kids, new interests, etc.). Cheap, you generally get what you pay for. Quality takes time and money ... how much quality can you afford or wait for?

Good people with good name recognition are busy so, with success comes longer wait times as word gets around. TT, Noveske, GAP, APA, and others are all capable of doing the work you want with quality.