Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deleted

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Didn't think I needed to do it. This rifle isn't getting a can.

Should I have opened up the gas port?
    You have it backward - putting a can on it means a SMALLER gas port.

I would be pissed off if my rifle didn't run any better than that. I've never seen a cut barrel that ran until the port was opened up to totally inappropriate diameter.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Didn't think I needed to do it. This rifle isn't getting a can.

Should I have opened up the gas port?
    First, unless you specifically told ADCO not to open the gas port, they probably did it anyway.

Secondly, as was said, you have it backwards. You do not open up the gas port if you plan on running a can.

The failures you are experiencing are totally unacceptable.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Forgive me if I missed this in all the verbage... but are you running an H3 Buffer? If not, you should be.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From my calculations you spent roughly $200 on ammunition and had a 10% malfunction rate. That's an expensive lesson.

I would get some PMC Bronze ammo, load one round into each mag, and with a weak grip and shoulder, make sure that everyone one of them locks back. They may all be the same make of magazine, but may have springs from different batches. You want to minimize the variables.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Forgive me if I missed this in all the verbage... but are you running an H3 Buffer? If not, you should be.
    An H3 buffer with a .062" gas port firing weak ammunition?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    From my calculations you spent roughly $200 on ammunition and had a 10% malfunction rate. That's an expensive lesson.
    I was really hoping he had had success with it. It would have almost been safer to buy a new BCM barrel or an entire 10.5" turn-key upper.

OP: Try the same round of testing with the can mounted. But also maybe think about sending it back.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    An H3 buffer with a .062" gas port firing weak ammunition?
    Well I don't think he's sure of the port still being .062. Weak ammo should run better than that.... but shit ammo (PRVI, Wolf, etc., )shouldn't be expected to run in any gun.

My point is that a gun that short should NEED a heavy buffer to control the bolt speed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Last edited by davidjinks; 09-06-12 at 09:08.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Last edited by davidjinks; 09-06-12 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Standard H buffer. I ordered an H2 just in case.

Taper pin...I noticed that as well. Do you have any recommendations on fixing that?

You guys are correct about the suppressor. I mistyped when writing my statement. I meant to say "Is" getting a can not "isn't". I was typing from my phone.

As for the ammunition failures...the rifle ran flawless with M193 (Federal) and MK262 ammunition. As was also stated, I had problems with the PPU in my standard LE6920 w/16" barrel. I also figured I would have issues with 223 ammo. With the research I've done, it's been stated that using 223 ammo can cause issues in an SBR.

I'm all ears guys. I would like all the information I can get. This is my first entry into the SBR world.
    Seriously- just get an LMT 10.5 and be done with it. The amount of money you're going to spend in ammo and shipping getting this thing straightened out will pay for it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast