Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current use of glocks in the army?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Current use of glocks in the army?

It's been mentioned that the army is issuing glock pistols. Is this true? If so, what units are using it?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SF is using G19's, Delta is using G22's.
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Is there a citation for this?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaKilo View Post
    Is there a citation for this?
    Jason Falla told me last month that Delta is using G22's (obviously he could be mistaken, but that's what he told me FWIW). As for SF, if you watch the episode of Tactical Arms where LAV visits Range 37, the CO says specifically "we use M9's and Glock 19's" ( I'm paraphrasing that).
    "Remember, if it doesn't violate the BYU Honor Code, it's not worth doing"
    -Daniel Tosh

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Active duty Delta came by to see a friend(one of instructors) last TigerSwan class I had. We specifically discussed pistols and he generally carries a G17 in the field. It was his personal preference. He also said the G17 and 19 were both used by Delta's.

Feedback Score
    There are G19s in the field, and they used to be the "alternate" weapon to the 1911 for "Delta." Now the G22 is the primary issue weapon for Delta, though the 1911 is still in use, as is the G19 in some applications where concealment is paramount.

There are also G19s available to issue through SOF channels for concealment applications - but the general issue pistol for the larger Army SF community remains the M9 Beretta.

Regards,

Kevin

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am pretty sure, but not certain that they have moved away from the G22. I know for a fact I saw some CAG personnel with G19's.

I have not seen any SF personnel with anything other than Berettas. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's not speculate for the sake of answering. There isn't a single completely factual statement in this thread so far.

Yep, some Army folks get Glocks. I haven't carried a Beretta since 2004. The G19 is the most widespread but certainly not the only one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    Let's not speculate for the sake of answering. There isn't a single completely factual statement in this thread so far.

Yep, some Army folks get Glocks. I haven't carried a Beretta since 2004. The G19 is the most widespread but certainly not the only one.
    I'm just trying to get a feel for who's using what and such. I'm considering a switch away from my current weapon of choice, the 1911, and I'm looking at what is seeing service and is reliable there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Glock was chosen universally by the folks that are not tied to the Beretta, FWIW. Different procurement channels, same end results.

To quote LAV and Hackathorn (a pretty good couple of sources on handgun advice), "We live in a Glock world"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast