Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 700 SPS vs 700 LTR?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The AAC version might be. I'm going off of Rem's website. It says the plain old SPS is a 1/12 hammer forged bbl.

I don't really care since it shoots everything pretty well.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have the AAC version and it's 1/10. The SPS Tactical (20" bbl with 1/12) was about $70 cheaper for what I could find locally.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I didn't know about the AAC version when I bought mine. I guess I'd still have got the gun I did. It takes Holder's ATF too long to approve a Form 4... I'd need a new barrel by the time those **** monkies approved my form anyway.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I didn't know about the AAC version when I bought mine. I guess I'd still have got the gun I did. It takes Holder's ATF too long to approve a Form 4... I'd need a new barrel by the time those **** monkies approved my form anyway.
    That ain't no shit. I've got two suppressors going on 5 months right now.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orkan View Post
    That ain't no shit. I've got two suppressors going on 5 months right now.
    Pappabears waiting on some too. You'd think that they have some extra help now that they aren't running guns to the cartels.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Pappabears waiting on some too. You'd think that they have some extra help now that they aren't running guns to the cartels.
    Those crooked ****s will do anything to be a pain in the ass for gun owners in this country. Their budget has been increased exponentially since obummer got elected, yet the delays have also increased exponentially.

Such horse shit.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    If you get the threaded barrel, you might consider getting a AAC brakeout, even if you have no plans on getting the can. It does really take the bite out of the light kickin 308. 308 isnt bad, but it reduces it and after 50 rounds and reductionin kick is always nice.
    I was looking at the AAC breakout, and the PWS FSC30 to put on it. I think the PWS might get the nod, unless I decide to drop papaerwork on a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I'm surprised that nobody mention the difference in twist. The LTR has 1 in 12" and the SPS Tac has the 1 in 10" twist.
    What affect will the difference in twist have on bullet weight preference, and or accuracy?

JP

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The 1/10 will stabilize heavier bullets on longer distance compared to 1/12.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think I am going to do a "covert" type rendition. Have the barrel cut pretty short 16-17" and put it into an AI folding stock. That will make a very compact package. I don't see using it past 500 yds so the barrel length loss should not diminish performance much at that range.

JP

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shot this 3 shot group at 500 yards today with my stock Rem 700 barrel and 178 AMAX bullets.

Bullet impact by the Red paint is Pappabear's Babe Ruth shot. He called the red dot and just about got it at 500.

Last edited by markm; 11-20-11 at 16:42.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast