Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard anything from Dana Pickles lately?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have two F1's out right now and hopefully the checks will be cashed by the end of the month. I'm going to forget about them until at least April to keep myself sane. As much as I hate sending the govt money, I guess I have to. I might get a third F1 out to them. Why? To save time in the future. Sure I can swap uppers but I personally would rather have a dedicated rifle for whatever length that tickles my fancy right now. I'm a grab and go kinda guy. No telling how long the wait will be next year.

Feedback Score
    Ha I said the same thing when I bought this suppressor, I never have forgotten about it.

Im not blaming the examiners, more just the ATF in general. They need to get their shit squared away

Feedback Score
    yep told me 5 months from pending today when I called, it is ridiculous.
    Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsconver View Post
    yep told me 5 months from pending today when I called, it is ridiculous.
    I wonder what they would tell me if I told them its been pending for five months already...
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A friend received his SBR about a month ago. Total time from mailing in the paperwork was 5 months.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase45 View Post
    Been pending since Aug 18th, sent forms in at end of July.... how much longer
    Srsly?

My Form 4 suppressor went pending June 7th.. Approved Oct. 31st... Dana Pickles.

Which really it would have been around the first week of Oct but there was a problem with my forms so it set me back a few weeks.

either way you got a looooong wait ahead.
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My shop is getting forms back from June-July time frame.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    I just knew that when they changed the examiners around it wouldn't be good. Just another attempt at the government to "help us". Just think of waiting like this for your health care. Every other branch of the Federal government has hired workers left and right, but no new examiners...
    Last edited by 148259; 11-16-11 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    I also heard through my SOT that many examiners were still processing their respective aplhabetical Forms and not yet started on the Forms assigned per the new state process.

Cheers
    Life is like a shit sandwich...the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This post probably belongs in the NFA times thread, but here is okay too I guess.
    I sent my paper work as the builder for a SBR and a SBS at the same time in March this year. I had my local chief of police sign the approvals, but he appointed an officer to sign in his absence. In May I got responses saying I needed the qualification of that officer or something and to please fix both forms and resend. I had a month to do so. But I was not home in May to receive these responses. It wasn't until June 1st when I got home to open them. So, a month had nearly already passed. So I called and spoke with Dana Pickles himself. He said no sweat about the month timeline. He's just happy to get a response. Told me to fix them and send them back and he'd "be happy to stamp my weapons". He was really really cool about it. Even with his deep stern voice, I could tell he was all about helping me. I re-sent the forms on June 3rd and got my stamps back on June 25, 2011. Maybe some people just get lucky. I would definitely do the process again. Wanting a suppressor now.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast