Thread: MOE Handguard Durability

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

MOE Handguard Durability

After a long and cold shoot I noticed a rattling noise coming from inside the handguard. I found that a piece from the upper portion of my moe had broken loose, the part that slides into the HG cap. I don't think this affects anything as the handguard is still locked into the HG cap fairly snug. I am curious if anyone else has experienced something similar or has the MOE ever had a failure to the extent that would render attachments unusable.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Contact Magpul and have them address the issue.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Contact magpul.

I staked my own ASAP plate incorrectly, I asked them for advice on how to stake the next one (I was about to order it) and they sent me a new ASAP plate, an MS2 sling, and a Magpul RSA for free. Edit: Here is the thread
    http://mail.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=73032

If I didnt already have 55 Pmags I would still be slinging money their way.

So again, Contact Magpul. I am in no way saying they will give you free stuff, but situations like mine are not unheard of with those guys. Class A people in Colorado that really stand behind what they sell.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 11-16-11 at 22:10.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Contact magpul.

I staked my own ASAP plate incorrectly, I asked them for advice on how to stake the next one (I was about to order it) and they sent me a new ASAP plate, an MS2 sling, and a Magpul RSA for free. You can search the forum and find it, the thread is on here.

If I didnt already have 55 Pmags I would still be slinging money their way.
    Wow!

That is outstanding customer support, by ANY standard.

Feedback Score
    I've never heard of one breaking. But I did notice you can install them incorrectly and still have them appear normal. The little tab that broke off is exactly where I had mine installed incorrectly the first time I put it in. Everything looked normal except one side of the MOE didn't "seat" completely. Was hard to notice at first. Just a tiny bit off. When I took it off to re-install, I noticed a little scuff on the inside of that tab that shouldn't really contact anything. Nearest I can figure is that tab got forced (by me) to the wrong side. Hard to tell since you can't see in there when it's installed. When I put it back on, it went on super easy and everything was perfect. Lesson? These don't need to be forced on. If you have to, something's wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pira114 View Post
    I've never heard of one breaking. But I did notice you can install them incorrectly and still have them appear normal. The little tab that broke off is exactly where I had mine installed incorrectly the first time I put it in. Everything looked normal except one side of the MOE didn't "seat" completely. Was hard to notice at first. Just a tiny bit off. When I took it off to re-install, I noticed a little scuff on the inside of that tab that shouldn't really contact anything. Nearest I can figure is that tab got forced (by me) to the wrong side. Hard to tell since you can't see in there when it's installed. When I put it back on, it went on super easy and everything was perfect. Lesson? These don't need to be forced on. If you have to, something's wrong.
    That could very well be what happened to mine. Wouldn't be the first time I broke something trying to forcef*&k into place.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pira114 View Post
    When I installed mine, this is exactly what happened to me in my first and second attempts. It was hard to notice but I did catch it both times.

I never had to use Magpuls CS but everything I've heard, including this instance, they have some of the best in the business.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Contact Magpul and have them address the issue.
    Magpul is one of the best in the industry ... So I'm sure if you called them they will set everything right

Feedback Score
    My midlength guard broke in almost the exact same way. They replaced it no questions asked.
    B.