Thread: handguard and supressor choices

Feedback Score

handguard and supressor choices

I had asked about this in the NFA section but didn't get a lot of help. Maybe I wasn't asking in the right section as it is more of a build choice question than a buy question.

I am looking to build an AR 15 with a 10.5" barrel and a supressor. What are some proven combinations of free float handguards and suppressors that will allow the supressor to recess into the handguard giving it an uninterupted look?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 60buckscash View Post
    I had asked about this in the NFA section but didn't get a lot of help. Maybe I wasn't asking in the right section as it is more of a build choice question than a buy question.

I am looking to build an AR 15 with a 10.5" barrel and a supressor. What are some proven combinations of free float handguards and suppressors that will allow the supressor to recess into the handguard giving it an uninterupted look?

Thanks!
    Not many and this is generally a poor idea.

The better cans have a locking collar that you need to be able to touch. So by inserting it into a rail, you are losing these options.

C4

Feedback Score
    I don't mean to assume, but are you looking for functionality or looks? Why are you looking to have the can and rails look as one?

Cans I would recommend are AAC M4-2000 or Surefire 212.

R
    Last edited by rickp; 11-17-11 at 09:31.
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    I can understand how it sounds silly but I am looking for cosmetics. I have just moved to a free state and can now purchase suppresors. I like the "straight" line and would like to build one this way. I am not LEO or MIL. I would be ok with it coming very close to, or up against the end of the rail as well. I will probably end up with a low profile gas block or shaving down a regular FSB. I have another AR that I would be sharing this supressor with.
    Last edited by 60buckscash; 11-17-11 at 10:51.