Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash suppressor

Feedback Score

Flash suppressor

I bought a new flash suppressor, a 1.0 Battle Comp. I writing this thread to ensure I installed it right. It is my understanding that when tightening the place where you put your wrench should be at a 90 degree when tight and done. When I screwed in on, figure tight and stopped it was just past that 90 degree mark which meant iPad to almost do one complete rotation to tighten.

Did I do it right? Can it be overnight?
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wtf? It's a brake not a suppressor. Little holes on top. Flats should be perpendicular to the ground in the vertical position. What's your iPad got to do with it...lol!

Feedback Score
    Ok, sorry for the using the wrong word. I'm glad you knew what I was talking about though.

Anyways, I believe how you described it is how I have it. Which leads to my other question. Can it be over tight?

I don't believe it is but just making sure.
    Shall be my brother

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Easy now

Yes you can get it on too tight which could damage your threads or your comp. I suggest you put the area on the Comp with no holes or slots down so it will not kick up dirt. I believe the wrench slots will both be vertical when installed correctly. I have heard it does reduce muzzle flash very well, and on Bravo Co web site one of the reviews also state that it is a very good flash suppressor. Are you using a peel washer or the beveled washer?

Feedback Score
    iPad was I had in spell check. Sorry for that too.
    Shall be my brother

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt guy View Post
    Yes you can get it on too tight which could damage your threads or your comp. I suggest you put the area on the Comp with no holes or slots down so it will not kick up dirt. I believe the wrench slots will both be vertical when installed correctly. I have heard it does reduce muzzle flash very well, and on Bravo Co web site one of the reviews also state that it is a very good flash suppressor. Are you using a peel washer or the beveled washer?

Yes I did use the crush washer
    Shall be my brother

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You need to be using a crush washer or peel washer to get it timed right, you should also be using a torque wrench and installing it within the correct torque range. Overtorquing a muzzle device can have definately negative impacts on accuracy.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    There are no torque specs when using a crush washer. You simply install the device and time it correctly. I was under the impression that BC included instructions with their stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoland66 View Post
    You need to be using a crush washer or peel washer to get it timed right, you should also be using a torque wrench and installing it within the correct torque range. Overtorquing a muzzle device can have definately negative impacts on accuracy.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt guy View Post
    I suggest you put the area on the Comp with no holes or slots down so it will not kick up dirt.
    My bad...I was awake for about 10 minutes before I read this. I thought you were telling him to put the holes in the six o'clock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Putting the solid section down will kick up more dirt among other issues?
    I want video proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast