The Adams Arms Standard 5.56 Mid-length Piston Upper
    •Mid-length Gas Piston System
    •16" Mid-length Melonited Barrel
    •Chambered in 5.56 NATO
    •M4 Feed Ramps
    •1:7 Right Handed Twist
    •M4 Style Handguard and Handguard Cap
    •A2 Flash Hider
    This is a complete upper which includes a bolt carrier group and charging handle.

Been looking at this Mid-length piston upper for a while but not much information or user reviews found on a net search. Anyone own or had any dealings with a Adams Arms product?
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 05-11-13 at 10:15.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

CORE-15/Adams Arms

I have a mid-length rifle from them that I currently testing. So far I haven't had any issues with the system. It is a little heavier than a DI gun. I can not speak for one directly from Adams Arms but their piston system is being used by a lot of manufacturers.

Dan

Feedback Score
    Midway USA is going to be having a sale on these $499, normally $599 through them. I'm strongly considering one of these as well but I'm curious as to how durable the gas block attatchment to the barrel is, appears to be screw on clamp. Spare parts seem to be rather expensive for this system. Also I wider if their bolts and barrels are HPT/MPI? No mention of this on their site. Maybe I'll just get a BCM midlength upper and get the drop in system AA sells.
    Last edited by jet80tv; 11-20-11 at 15:25.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jet80tv View Post
    Midway USA is going to be having a sale on these $499, normally $599 through them. I'm strongly considering one of these as well but I'm curious as to how durable the gas block attatchment to the barrel is, appears to be screw on clamp. Spare parts seem to be rather expensive for this system. Also I wider if their bolts and barrels are HPT/MPI? No mention of this on their site. Maybe I'll just get a BCM midlength upper and get the drop in system AA sells.
    Seen that sale on Midway and it was the main force behind my question as they will sell fast and its a one day sale. Not many reviews on the net so that is scaring me off a bit.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, the lack of info on the "TDP" type stuff has me doubting I'll get the upper itself and rather the piston system to drop into my own setup

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've built two mid length carbines with Adam's Arms kits and they work flawlessly. After a few thousand rounds now through each gun, still no stoppages, issues of any type. Worth their weight in gold.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5102Yuma View Post
    I've built two mid length carbines with Adam's Arms kits and they work flawlessly. After a few thousand rounds now through each gun, still no stoppages, issues of any type. Worth their weight in gold.
    What about carrier tilt? I know they make a proprietary carrier that they include in the kit. Any wear in the receiver extension or odd wear in upper? I think I'm gonna get one of their kits and one of their uppers with the 45 degree cut cam pin recess(also their uppers dnt require the bushing) and put it on a DD midlength CHF

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have not noticed any major wear or tear on the buffer tube or bolt carrier. A little of the finish has worn away right where the buffer itself sits inside the tube on the bottom (right behind the detent). I've put both rifles through countless shooting packages, some shooting over 800 rounds in one day with nothing more than a quick wipe down and re-lube. The only issue is these piston kits do not work well with those Endine-type hydraulic buffers, I've been running a H2 buffer in mine without issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5102Yuma View Post
    I have not noticed any major wear or tear on the buffer tube or bolt carrier. A little of the finish has worn away right where the buffer itself sits inside the tube on the bottom (right behind the detent). I've put both rifles through countless shooting packages, some shooting over 800 rounds in one day with nothing more than a quick wipe down and re-lube. The only issue is these piston kits do not work well with those Endine-type hydraulic buffers, I've been running a H2 buffer in mine without issues.
    What about the gas block? Does it seem as though it would ever move? Thanks for sharing!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    No movement in the gas block. This is a solid kit, easy to install too with the included DVD (and common armorer knowledge and tools).

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast